• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tortion bar leveling.

Lance

Member
Messages
18
Location
Montana
I know this topic has been gone over but im looking for some good input.I am super new as in i have never messed with vehicles before, I do construction I'm not a vehicle guy but I want to mod my 2007 h3... First I want to level it off...and from what I can see there is alot of do and do not on this topic of tortion bar lift...I guess main question is...am i going to mess anything up going to 23.5" hub to fender lip? I'm not made of money so I'm trying to do everything as cheep as possible and I will never go bigger then 315 75 r16 tires. Also going to add heavier bumpers at some point, your opinion means alot thank you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Messages
528
Location
Tecumseh, Mi
23.5" should be fine for a torsion bar lift... Most of us run around that number, give or take an inch or so... It's when you go up to 24+" that damage becomes a major concern. When you do it, I'd set it at like 23.7" that way you can compensate for the suspension settling over the miles of driving... and when you add a heavier bumper to the front or winch you may have to do some slight tweeking to the bars to get it back up to where you had it before... I would also plan for longer/extended length front shocks and bump stops to avoid nose diving.
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
23.5" is fine. 23" is better (ride wise). Ive done both and I cant recommend either over the other.
Level it, drive around, you like it great, u dont, re adjust.
 

Hercules-H3T

Well-Known Member
Messages
144
Location
Brownwood, Texas
I added 2.25 inches to my T's front looks nice but if u order rough country the included extenders for shocks are all but useless. Im forced to upgrade to bilstein 5100 i think its worth it though. For $60 bucks u get a level truck and 135 u get better performance. I am now broke.


Sent from my fish.
 

scoreh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,024
Location
SoCal
I've had my 08 leveled for years without any issues . Just remember to get it aligned after you level it !
 

Highatop

Well-Known Member
Messages
600
Location
Florissant, Co.
Shock wise, you could do the, Hunner trick, it seems to work so I've read. It is just addin a nut to the top of the shock. Look it up on the search bar for better info. Its away to save money...Good luck
 
Top