• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Technical Problem while posting

D

Dennis

I just got a new computer and computers are not my bag..It won't let me use the "ENTER" key to let me advance to a new line while typing in the text area of any post... I'm using a desktop PC and running IE-10 with windows 7 pro (64 bit)...what setting(s) DO I NEED TO CHANGE?..PLEASE be specific and concise as I don't know my way around too much on these damn things!....Thanks in advance

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Not sure Dennis. I'm testing this on IE 11, Win7 64 bit as well and the Enter key is working for me.

I would recommend a couple of things:
1) Stop using IE and try Google Chrome. Faster, easier to use browser. Heck, as I use IE right now (I rarely use it) it's bogging down on me and not recording all of my keystrokes. Her's how it is working wthut my going ack ad editig my typng
2) Test the Enter key (both of them). Make sure your keyboard is working properly.
3) Verify that your "active" area is still the text box - can you still type other characters?
4) Try toggling "Compatiblity Mode" on/off. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had to give up on IE as well Dennis and swap to Chrome.

Like you, I had the goofy enter issue or when I was able to type something out, it locked up the browser when I hit post.

Smiley's were not displaying properly and spell check did not work for ****.

Just a PITA.

Chrome seems to have solved all those issues.

But.........

Chrome has issues with some of my other work related MS based apps and ****, so I have to run two ****ing browsers.

Sigh.

Note: Try "Compatibility Mode" like Alex suggests......While it did not clear up all my issues, it did help.

Especially on other sites.

Last edited:
D

Dennis

Thanks for the help...I like IE10 for a lot of reasons, although I know FF is faster, but it has it's quirks too, like the bookmark feature don't work like FAVORITES Does...I have Windows-7 pro (64 bit)......Has anyone ever used this WATERFOX?... http://www.waterfoxproject.org/

Last edited by a moderator: