• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Switch Pod

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I have been contemplating on what I should do for my switches. I had originally thought a great product would be the SPOD. They are used in jeeps and toyotas but nothing was made for the H3. I was originally going to fit and modify it to make it work but in the end it wouldnt be worth it. I then was going to make a mount by the shifter but then that idea went out the window. Months back Tim and I talked about a Pod above the rear view mirror but the concern was having it in the way of adjusting the mirror. I like that idea though, its out of the way, visible and keeps your eye on the trail. So I started to make my own. It will be mounted above the rear view mirror but isnt mounted yet so heres the pics of just sitting on the mirror. It shouldnt be an issue in terms of adjusting the mirror. Sorry for the bad pictures, I will finish it when I have time. It still needs paint, mounting brackets and final touch up of grinding down the welds and touching up uneven spots. I also need to add more switches for future lights, lockers, compressors, etc. Maybe Tim can do some donating so I can use all of the switches right away :)

2011-10-13_19-34-54_109.jpg

2011-10-13_19-33-53_623.jpg

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Not sure, I know it wasnt paladine he has his by the steering wheel. I will search and let you know if I find out who.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Neverending,
Welocme to the forum -- it's about time you found your way here! Glad to have you onboard! :cheers:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Neverending,
Welocme to the forum -- it's about time you found your way here! Glad to have you onboard! :cheers:

Welcome! Didnt even realize it was your first post. Thanks for the info on that. How did you mount yours? I need ideas on mounting mine

Btw post up pics in the "fresh meat" section even though your not new to all we still like the pics :)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I am going to build a new pod more flush with the headliner stay tuned...

Still working on a mount

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Im gunna bump this thread instead of starting a new one...
im kinda doin something similar to what 06H3 is doin, im going to do a custom mount for my switches.
I have thought of a few option so far
#1 do something similar to paladine and integrate the switches into the knee bolster

#2 remove the OEM stereo, install an aftermarket stereo, and then have a custom box with switches installed right below and run the wires up from behind. This makes it look neat with all of the switches in the center console area.

#3 have a custom box buiilt on top of the dash with all switches, and having the wiring run up through the hole that the daystar panel runs through.

#4 i was also thinking, mounting the switches on the front support pillar by the door, having the switches mounted sideways on top of each other in a ladder formation

Any input as to another idea or what you think of these three please tell me!! im giong to end up doing one of them!!

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I plan to mount mine in 2008 H2 with sunroof into 2 wing pod with CB and inclinometer in the middle, where sunroof controls are. Sunroof and On star controls will be moved down under inclinometer. Driver side wing will house primary switches (fog, spot lights etc.) and pass. side will house secondary switches (rock lights, side lights, etc.).
:hthink:
I think, I have obsession with lights........................ o well we all have problems, I guess.