• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Some RockAuto sold out

H3Hummer

Did you guys see the sold out at RockAuto from some good sellers? Dude.... hope they don't quit all at same time....and leave us some place to finde our Hummer parts :eek:

Jeepwalker

Which particular items are you referring to? Engine hard-parts? Drivetrain? I just looked at a few items I normally look at .....didn't see any difference in what I've been seeing lately ....which is, like you say, more items becoming less available. Or unavailable. GM sells their parts stock and if you have anything you really want with a GM sticker on it, you probably ought to buy it now before it's dried up.

Like any short-run vehicle or older car (and non-mainstream classics), parts will become increasingly scarce. That's life. That said, I wouldn't panic too much or start hoarding too much stuff. 1) You never know what's going to fail or not and you can't buy EVERYTHING. 2) A guy can usually find what he needs even it means buying used on ebay or other sources. You could always buy a 'parts truck' too. But yeah, like you pointed out, parts are less available and more expensive. At this point you have to WANT to drive an H3.

I always tell wanna-be gawkers who say: "WOW! ...a H3, they're neat. I've thought about getting one of those!" ...I tell them honestly that unless they have deep pockets, don't mind repairs or hassles, and are really good mechanics, they're better off buying a new Bronco. Most people live check-to-check and are the 'payments-type'. Ongoing repair bills would kill them. And the insurance ain't cheap either ...for such an older rig. Anyway, I'm sure members here are pretty much H3 die-hard's, and the maintenance is either considered theraputic de-stress time, and/or a small price to pay to drive one of the most unique and cool vehicles ever made. :)

Last edited:

650Hawk

Having a spare (anything) on the shelf pretty much guarantees that that part will never break/be needed! At least, that's how it normally works for me! :)

Jeepwalker

BTW, you see the same diminishing parts situation with GMT900 pickups, and a lot of the GMT800 unique parts from GM aren't avail, esp like interior and body parts. Although there's a ton of aftermarket drivetrain support for GM trucks & V8's. Same with Ram trucks. A lot of parts for the early Gen4's yer staring to see Mopar stuff disappear. And much moreso on the Gen3's. But there's a lot of aftermarket support for pickups.

OTOH, H3's have all but disappeared on the roads up here. It's me ...and every once in a long while I'll meet another friendly H3 owner. There just aren't that many on the roads. Therefore the GM parts demand might not be real high ...so there might be some parts avail for a while, who knows. Probably not the popular things like Radiators, and whatnot.

Happy Hummer

I see quite a few hummers through out the weeks/months in s.e. WI.
And yes parts as simple as light bulbs and as seriously important as electronics/computer are getting as rare as hens teeth lol.

H3Hummer

I do have lot of spare parts too.... just in case.
but here, it was form few sellers saying last U joints, CV's and lots of other spare parts

H3Hummer

ah sorry , the message was :

1706980103361.png