• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - Last Chance Canyon - Black Friday - November 25th, 2016

cbetts

NERD!!!
Lets try this again . . .

Description: Last Chance Canyon (LCC) is a fun trail with intermediate boulder crawling. We recommend trucks to have at least 33" tires and steps removed. Lockers and rock rails are helpful but not required. Most of the run will take place in the bottom of a canyon with one steep hill climb. This is a good trail for beginners to learn technical driving.

When
: November 25th, 2016

Where: Garlock, CA

Time: 10am we will be hitting the trails. We will be meeting around 9:30 to air down and a quick safety meeting. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: Trailhead on the south end of the canyon just off of Randsburg Road, 6 miles from Hwy 14.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/12001+Redrock+Randsburg+Rd,+Cantil,+CA+93519/@35.3616375,-117.8984373,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c1789426a932df:0xed5b029209e2751!8m2!3d35.3616383!4d-117.8984723

Trails: Last Chance Canyon

We will be heading north up Last Chance Canyon. If time is good, we will swing by the Burro Schmidt Mine. We will then come back down Last Chance Canyon on the way back out. If time gets short, we can take the quick route out Mesquite Canyon

Communications: CB channel 37

Weather: Temperatures have quite a range here. I recommend bringing a warm clothing in case it becomes a long night. Bring sunscreen and lots of water.

Travel Convoys:
Lomita/Torrance - Leaving 6:30 AM. My house in Lomita close to corner of PCH and Oak. PM me and I will send address.
Santa Clarita - Leaving at 8:00. McDonalds at Golden Valley Road and Hwy 14

Post Trail Meal: Domingo's closed in Boron. We will decide on the final location when we reach the end of the trail to air back up.

Confirmed Attendance:
cbetts - H3
Dan (Friend of Craig) - JK
Zach - H2
Kurt - H1
owlxxx - Jeep

Possible Attendance:
LagunaH1 - Power Wagon
08h3Alpha - H3
Jeramy Balentine - Jeep
Vdawg1115 - H3

Last edited:

Kurt

Can I get a ride with someone?

My flywheel on my H1 didn't long for this world anymore and decided to get a divorce from the rest of my drivetrain. Oddly enough it was still drivable.

Also decided to get all new body mounts and a lift kit while its at the shop so I won't get it back in time :)

Now I can totally focus on making cool pictures and videos of everyone else.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Can I get a ride with someone?

My flywheel on my H1 didn't long for this world anymore and decided to get a divorce from the rest of my drivetrain. Oddly enough it was still drivable.

Also decided to get all new body mounts and a lift kit while its at the shop so I won't get it back in time :)

Now I can totally focus on making cool pictures and videos of everyone else.

I might have front seat available

08h3Alpha

Lets try this again . . .

Description: Last Chance Canyon (LCC) is a fun trail with intermediate boulder crawling. We recommend trucks to have at least 33" tires and steps removed. Lockers and rock rails are helpful but not required. Most of the run will take place in the bottom of a canyon with one steep hill climb. This is a good trail for beginners to learn technical driving.

When
: November 25th, 2016

Where: Garlock, CA

Time: 10am we will be hitting the trails. We will be meeting around 9:30 to air down and a quick safety meeting. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: Trailhead on the south end of the canyon just off of Randsburg Road, 6 miles from Hwy 14.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/12001+Redrock+Randsburg+Rd,+Cantil,+CA+93519/@35.3616375,-117.8984373,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c1789426a932df:0xed5b029209e2751!8m2!3d35.3616383!4d-117.8984723

Trails: Last Chance Canyon

We will be heading north up Last Chance Canyon. If time is good, we will swing by the Burro Schmidt Mine. We will then come back down Last Chance Canyon on the way back out. If time gets short, we can take the quick route out Mesquite Canyon

Communications: CB channel 37

Weather: Temperatures have quite a range here. I recommend bringing a warm clothing in case it becomes a long night. Bring sunscreen and lots of water.

Travel Convoys:
Lomita/Torrance - Leaving 6:30 AM. Location TBD
Santa Clarita - Leaving at 8:00. McDonalds at Golden Valley Road and Hwy 14

Post Trail Meal: Domingo's closed in Boron. We will decide on the final location when we reach the end of the trail to air back up.

Confirmed Attendance:
cbetts - H3
Dan (Friend of Craig) - JK
Zach - H2
Kurt - H1
owlxxx - Jeep

Possible Attendance:
LagunaH1 - Power Wagon

UCP required? I will be in the inland empire area this thanksgiving and I would like to meet you all and try my h3 on a trail like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbetts

NERD!!!
UCP required? I will be in the inland empire area this thanksgiving and I would like to meet you all and try my h3 on a trail like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not required, but recommended. We will need to be extra careful with you in a few areas. There are bypasses for the rough areas. Come on out!

Kurt

Heh, if i can find a place to rent a wrangler, a h2 or h3 I'd do that :)

Hey Zach, if I wanted to hitch a ride where should I meet you, I can drive out with the car out to the trail head and just leave it there or maybe at a gas station/truck stop nearby or at some meeting point along the way.

I mean I got a 2009 2 door JK but it's 2-3 weeks from arriving here. H1's in the shop until first week of Dec.

Vdawg1115

Looks like I will have Black Friday off, but still working on getting the 3 running. Just got a multimeter to help find and diagnose the issue.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Heh, if i can find a place to rent a wrangler, a h2 or h3 I'd do that :)

Hey Zach, if I wanted to hitch a ride where should I meet you, I can drive out with the car out to the trail head and just leave it there or maybe at a gas station/truck stop nearby or at some meeting point along the way.

I mean I got a 2009 2 door JK but it's 2-3 weeks from arriving here. H1's in the shop until first week of Dec.

I will be going up the 395 and stopping at Kramer Junction for gas

Kurt

What time you'll be hitting the Junction? I can park at the Pilot or the other Gas station and leave the Sedan there for the day.

I'll get there early and grab breakfast while waiting for you, I think I got your number.

Zach

Mall Crawler
What time you'll be hitting the Junction? I can park at the Pilot or the other Gas station and leave the Sedan there for the day.

I'll get there early and grab breakfast while waiting for you, I think I got your number.

Been so long since we've been out there, 7:30? And grab breakfast there? Should put us to trailhead early.

JRWid

I'll be heading out around 6 and will be stopping at Kramer Junction to gas up - hoping to hit Kramer around 9ish.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Ok I'll leave at 6.. I'll pm you my phone number. I should be there at 7:30.

I have it unless it's changed. Leaving OC at 6 so I should be there by 730. Probably put us up there early. But in for breakfast first

Last edited:

Vdawg1115

Looks like There's a good chance I can make this. So far the 3 has been behaving. I will drive her around to make sure there aren't any other issues that might come up, she hasn't been driven for 3 weeks now. Tomorrow I will let y'all know know for sure.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Anybody meeting us in Santa Clarita? If not, I may press on with my caravan on up.

I got my truck all loaded and ready to go!
Rqfot6kTP4Va2Oiv0Mm34WH9GASs7AUpSsQNvfPtFDeC27lvOQy6XifVrnQCU6s676Msb7WgT0Tz9MwvdIkc-mw6nvVyDXzEbJPAXvAki4eJMeRNYaTeEs9QSFFITcGWUgjVk-gAitLiHKjYDyi0HuyJNdf8mKD3U2K5VpTWBQxP8Hs3b-Dp6xsCJEnFmXY7HNA6LLrlveGDoHpFdyZjKifSEUrRWgXGQ1nrsrdNIUr-Cz05nPSTIBjGqOzhNoBttuqC_VMMzsLSKGbTRZKVelyycz1GMQq5AaDbIcJqpFeCpxGCJBabP1AVs3Bk-5qa7orwmN-u94cDNN3_pzo2jBL9lRfzz4b_IjeQokMEt9z7uAi3PIirIjK2Q3ZriLmr8F5ksIUYVvJbK49YKYMCQcAGkk-IhLysYVy9JAGCdo2R2MQIqL7G5PmWONd73-1SllSw42aTM8W7dZcnHDIL6NgM7iLKCqs8CdJaPNC3iFPhUVhTtx1VM1Brha_zpNsqTAW25SlNCuolLBZF_sk6fdLNVwSrhmAikpHsE-yZOevjRP-ZknvFUiGHNWWD4kiHzBxgy64lBaxbLeca5NcH6lFGL1S990Hph0mrgIU3vYts2XEGBw=w1101-h619-no