• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

"Savage" 07 Tactical H3

Clwnshu99

So I had already constructed 70% of a detailed build thread when my boss walked in and I rushed to minimize the window but mistakenly closed it instead and lost it all, so this will be more along the lines of short and sweet.

I'm Alex, 24, from Harford County Maryland. Ive worked on cars for as long as I can remember. In total the Hummer makes my 22nd. Not because I buy junk, but because I buy cheap, mod, and sell for profit.

I was raised on muscle cars but my forte is BMWs now. I love them, love working on them(pre-2000), and love driving them. Throughout the 22 vehicles ive worked my way up to a 1 of 2180 BMW Z3 Coupe, which is by far my favorite car I've ever owned and I cant say I could ever justify trading it up on something else. I cant think of a more different, eye catching, better handling, ect ect vehicle that could realistically replace the "clwnshu" (named after its shape and color)
attachment.php

Anyway, on to the truck..I signed the papers on October 3rd, 2014 at a dealership that I used to do body and paint work at. I hustled them pretty good. The sticker said 19,500 and I walked out the door at 15,100. Long story short, qualified for discounts, brought up competitor and made up a cheaper hummer (with leather, nav, and lower miles lol) at that site, also said I get friends and family there, and then when all was said and done I got gm employee discount on top of it all. They were mad and I was happy. Also talked them into the customer care for life package which comes with free tire rotations, car washes, oil changes ect ect for as long as I own the truck.

Here it is on the way home from the dealer
attachment.php

So needless to say I was thrilled! Two days later my 29 year old sister came and visited and to see the truck and beat me to the house, so i pulled in behind her. I had gotten tied up with something in the back yard when I heard a crunch from around front! And as you can guess she bumped it, I guess head checks dont exist in her mind. lol.
attachment.php

attachment.php

She, knowing how particular I am with my vehicles, instantly burst out in tears and couldn't even form words. I, knowing it was very much fixable couldn't help but laugh to try and lighten her mood. She was so shocked at my response she jokingly muttered "Why are you being so nice to me?! I wouldn't have been this nice to you! haha". Well she wouldn't stop crying no matter how much I told her it was okay, and she was stressing over her explorer and what her fiance would say, so I opened the garage and started pulling out tools to make both vehicles appear better. After 10 minutes, I buffed her truck and tracked a taillight and put mine back together and had parts on the way.
attachment.php

I swore that I would leave this truck alone until I paid it off, that lasted about a week. But I told myself that I would just keep the mods small to a comfort level, because i liked how smooth the ride was and how nothing rattled, which was nice after driving a supercharged second gen ram lifted 13 inches on 38.5s...
attachment.php

...Anyway, small mods..

Tinted the windows 20% and the sunstrip, and added gloss black grill letters, and ditched the steps.
attachment.php

Thought I was content but realized I had no where to dump my pockets in the truck. So I ordered a daystar dash.
attachment.php

Well by now the bug had bit..and I couldn't hold out any more. Yes three pretty good deals all at once!
attachment.php

and in the meantime my 30" led bar arrived! Also pictured with the Hood Handles and leveled out.
attachment.php

I got bored waiting for the roof lights to come in so I got busy with a rubber paint pen..

Attachments

• IMG_3325_zpsduohsvaw.jpg
    IMG_3325_zpsduohsvaw.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 1,402
  • IMG_3336_zpsrvy3jl1i.jpg
    IMG_3336_zpsrvy3jl1i.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,194
  • IMG_3338_zpstsvbi9aj.jpg
    IMG_3338_zpstsvbi9aj.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,075
  • IMG_3339_zpstgogvvkg.jpg
    IMG_3339_zpstgogvvkg.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 1,255
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,080
  • IMG_3912_zpsjwmxdkny.jpg
    IMG_3912_zpsjwmxdkny.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,506
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    593.6 KB · Views: 1,166
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,064
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMG_4796_zps0rcemrmu.jpg
    IMG_4796_zps0rcemrmu.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 1,191

Clwnshu99

I got bored waiting for the roof lights to come in so I got busy with a rubber paint pen..
attachment.php

Then things got interesting..and gut wrenching..
attachment.php

attachment.php

Side marker guards came in just in time for Santa!
attachment.php

So at this point I had, for the time satisfied myself with mods, or so I thought. My OCD wouldnt let me sleep knowing that I had a super, pure white, led bar surrounded by a bunch of dull halogens. Plus I drive all back country roads into work while its still dark in the morning, my commute is flooded with deer. So I pulled the trigger on HIDs for headlights and fogs, and ordered some 3x5 led bars to retrofit the overheads just so everything matches at night. Everything does match, the lightbar just looks brighter in pictures.
attachment.php

Then I still couldn't stop, I wanted a back up camera so I needed a Double Din.
attachment.php

Shortly after the headunit followed the camera and bluetooth setup. Which I routed up into the Onstar Mic.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Got our first bit of snow..
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4501_zpsgqfyyafi.jpg
    IMG_4501_zpsgqfyyafi.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_4821_zpsmu9an88r.jpg
    IMG_4821_zpsmu9an88r.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,095
  • IMG_5061_zpshhrvub0w.jpg
    IMG_5061_zpshhrvub0w.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,305
  • IMG_4824_zps2msqczvp.jpg
    IMG_4824_zps2msqczvp.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,115
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,052
  • IMG_5237_zpsyzijiezu.jpg
    IMG_5237_zpsyzijiezu.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,079
  • IMG_5300_zpslx65f6vm.jpg
    IMG_5300_zpslx65f6vm.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,276
  • IMG_5468_zpsellmo57a.jpg
    IMG_5468_zpsellmo57a.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,053
  • IMG_5127_zpsecb4un86.jpg
    IMG_5127_zpsecb4un86.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_5317_zpsgk4xpjg2.jpg
    IMG_5317_zpsgk4xpjg2.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,119
Last edited:

High Five H2

i like that onstar mic set up. I'm going to set mine up just like that. I was going to use the onstar mic, but it may be different and I didn't want to fool around with cutting wires and stuff.

taylorblake831

Hell yea I like the color matched grill I've been thinking about doing mine and I just bought red and white rubber paint pens for my tires last week just haven't got around to it yet

Clwnshu99

The only thing, which I suppose should be expected with the paint pens, is that after 4 months I rubbed a curb with my tire parking in a tight spot, and it took the paint off. No big deal because I did it before winter to see how well it holds up before I buy 35s and possibly consider doing it to those. Its been about 4 months and it has stayed on pretty good, however the color dulled down, still very visible, but not as vibrant.

derian06

Red Rockett
The only thing, which I suppose should be expected with the paint pens, is that after 4 months I rubbed a curb with my tire parking in a tight spot, and it took the paint off. No big deal because I did it before winter to see how well it holds up before I buy 35s and possibly consider doing it to those. Its been about 4 months and it has stayed on pretty good, however the color dulled down, still very visible, but not as vibrant.

I'd be all over this if my Mtr's w/kevlar had white walls.

Clwnshu99

I didn't use the white wall side. My tires were completely black before I painted them. The paint covers well with two coats.

Graham2990

You mind sharing any details about how you mounted the light bar in the grill?

ive been considering the same. Trying to find a light bar to fit with mounting options that will work. I'm curious as to what and where it's mounted.

Clwnshu99

So its been a little while, and I haven't done much. I've been focusing on building the LS for the Clwnshu. However, yesterday I added the Rugged Ridge snorkel to my truck and I love it. Do I plan on submerging it? No, but if SHTF and I had to I will feel a little more confident :roll:

I love how it looks so Im content:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Ive also changed my door speakers out for Kicker components which made a night and day difference
attachment.php

and finally, a mod for passengers, the red HUMMER projector courtesy lights. I was torn between not knowing if I hated these or loved them. They've been sitting in my garage for long enough before I finally decided to go ahead and install. they are only about the sizeof a dime and are mounted under the front door panels, so even if I didn't like them, they are hardly noticeable if I unhook them. All said and done, they turned out great, I'm happy and every passenger has complimented me as well as passer-byers.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 11111111111111.jpg
    11111111111111.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 672
  • 2222222222222222.jpg
    2222222222222222.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 707
  • 44444444444.jpg
    44444444444.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 622
  • 33333333333333333.jpg
    33333333333333333.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 630

Clwnshu99

I got a pretty good deal on led corners ($60 shipped) from a close out eBay store a few weeks ago. Not a huge fan of clear Lenses on red, so I ordered amber headlight film as well. They came in and I wrapped the clear housing LED lamps amber and they looked exactly like I wanted, oem appearance but with updated led technology.
attachment.php

Installed them and one's running light feature wasn't functioning. I messaged the seller and they sent out a replacement set after very little hassle.
Just got the new set today, tested them first, then re-wrapped and installed them. I love they way they turned out. Couldn't have asked for more!
attachment.php

I think next week I will be finishing fitting the led flood cubes into my overhead offroad lights, had to order new cubes after cracking a lens taking one apart.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 739
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 681