• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Prerunner / Tube Bumper?

jke_h3

Hi everyone,
So I’ve been liking the idea of possibly doing a prerunner / tube style bumper for my H3. I think they look super aggressive when I see them on Tacomas and 4Runners, and feel like one could look sweet on an H3 if done right.
So my question is basically how
From what I know there are two options.
1- if anyone knows of a prerunner bumper for another vehicle that could be retrofitted onto the H3, that could be a good route
2- I could custom fabricate one, of course both options would take a fair amount of time to figure out because from what I’ve seen this hasn’t been done before.

So if anyone has anything to say about this, let me know! Thanks

Can007

This is interesting. I personally have not seen anyone with a tube/pre runner bumper.

I was considering this but opted not to go this route. Personally I don’t think it goes with the truck.

My wish is an arb bumper. I believe Thor parts also make a nice bumper as well.

Happy Hummer

Jeep wrangler 4dr is approx 74" wide.
Toyota Tacoma approx 78" wide.
Hummer H3 approx 74" wide.

You could pick a pre runner bumper from one of these and build out and repaint.

jke_h3

Ok, what year Jeep bumper would I be looking for, and how complicated do you think it would be to actually make it be able to mount up to the h3?

Doc Olds

There were people early on that ran Stinger Bumpers on H3s. Never liked them on Heeps or Hummers. Not a Pre-Runner Bumper, but had a big old tube up front. 😜

Gonna take a bunch of work, cutting, fabbing, welding, fitting, primer and paint/bed armor..... if it you doing that for your truck its a labor of love. If you have to pay somebody for part or all of that probably makes no sense. Maybe an option is a Pre-Runner Brush Guard thing?
15030d1501276843-prerunner-bar-light-bar-thats-delema-nfabbar.jpg