Hello All,
I am new to this site and I have a fix to share. [FONT=&]I believe I figured out a free & lessthan 10 minute workaround for the Passlock interlock problem plaguing myHummer. I noticed that when I park the truck and remove the key that the stereo still runs "TILL I OPEN THE DOOR!!" I figured that the [/FONT]drivers side door switch not onlyturns the inside lights on but shuts the mentioned device off. If that doorswitch controls these features I figured it also notifies the computer that thedriver has exited the vehicle thus resetting the parameters for the alarmsystem thus going into protect mode. The switch in question is a fail closeswitch meaning when the door is opened it completes a circuit. Simply use atorx wrench and remove the drivers door switch and unplug. Replace the unpluggedswitch back into the hole and you are good to go.My Hummer has been starting ever since.
MADMAC66
I am new to this site and I have a fix to share. [FONT=&]I believe I figured out a free & lessthan 10 minute workaround for the Passlock interlock problem plaguing myHummer. I noticed that when I park the truck and remove the key that the stereo still runs "TILL I OPEN THE DOOR!!" I figured that the [/FONT]drivers side door switch not onlyturns the inside lights on but shuts the mentioned device off. If that doorswitch controls these features I figured it also notifies the computer that thedriver has exited the vehicle thus resetting the parameters for the alarmsystem thus going into protect mode. The switch in question is a fail closeswitch meaning when the door is opened it completes a circuit. Simply use atorx wrench and remove the drivers door switch and unplug. Replace the unpluggedswitch back into the hole and you are good to go.My Hummer has been starting ever since.
MADMAC66
Last edited by a moderator: