• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Pappibri's build

Pappibri

Figured now that I have done some mods to the rig, it was time to start a build thread... I purchased my 2008 H3 in December of 2011.. It has the 3.7, the luxury package and has the creme color leather seats which are heated, It also has the backup camera which pops out the side of the mirror.. So after purchasing it from the dealer, I drove straight to my tire shop to get new wheels and rubber.. 003 rs.jpg I picked up some Goodyear Duratrac's 265/75/16 and some VTEC wheels. Unfortunately I could only afford the 4 at that time, so the spare had to wait.:whaa:

Last edited:

Pappibri

But one can only drive around with a mismatched spare on the back for so long.. So 3 weeks later, I went and picked up the extra wheel and tire which I rotate in every rotation.. Really made my rear end stand out.. The trucks rear end that is.....:) 001 rs.jpg

Pappibri

Well, then I experienced a bout of "Lift Envy" as you can see from the picture, so not being able to afford a lift, I had to at least level my 3 to get rid of that slouched look.. Made a nice improvement in the look, and did not do anything to the ride quality. I actually think the ride is better now...
20120202132648.jpg Before... 016 rz.jpg After004 rz.jpg

Last edited:

Pappibri

Since I wanted to protect the family jewels, the underbelly that is, I went and picked me up a set of CBUCP.. I love American Made stuff.... Real heavy duty UCP right here.. So I installed it at a wrench fest at CBphoto's house.... 001.jpg003rs.jpg008rs.jpg

Pappibri

So then my Rola Roof Rack came in, so yesterday I decided to put it together and get it installed up on my rig... After some tweaks here and there, I think I have it where I want it...
001rs.jpg003rs.jpg

Pappibri

After finishing up the Roof Rack since it was such a beautiful day outside, I decided to put on the Air Doc that I picked up... Pretty straightforward install.. So easy even a caveman could do it.... Got it installed and started it up and seems like it was trying to backfire figured would just have to run it for a little while.. Then I was told that I need to reset, so I unhooked the battery and touched the ends together to drain and reset.. Well, seems like it has a lot more umph in the 25-50 mph range... Which is always a good thing... 006rs.jpg

Pappibri

My next mods are installing my Rocky Road Rock Sliders, which I have to get sandblasted and then painted.. And also a Aries brushguard... So until then, I twiddle my thumbs.:thumbs:

M

MUTAINT

Your rig is looking great Brian!

Take your time and do it right the first time, Slow and steady wins the race and will save you $ in the long run.

Pappibri

Well, well... What is this I see.. It looks like I have a set of Rocky Road Rock Rails and a Aries Brushguard to install on my rig... :horns: Have finals all this next week..:bf1: Hopefully next weekend I can get this stuff on.. I have it all touched up and painted ready to go..:clap:Then its Summer Break... Time to make some money and have a little bit of fun....:woohoo:

001rs.jpg004rs.jpg

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brian PCM has sales fairly regularly. I would guess that the next one would be either Memorial Day or July 4th. Not sure what pricing will be but probably worth the wait. Your truck is coming along very nicely.

Pappibri

Well I finally got around to installing my brushguard today.. pretty easy install and I like the way it looks on my rig.. I am doing a install thread for those like me that have never done it before. Easy it is, but always better to know what all is involved, which in this case it is not too much...Before 017.jpg After 007.jpg008.jpg

Last edited:

Pappibri

Even though its not hard, I looked for a install thread, and could not find one, so I made one for future knuckleheads such as myself :emb:.. I am not that bad, I get by, but I just like to know everything I can going into a project.. I hope the install thread turned out alright..:huh:

Pappibri

Well finally got my Rocky Road Sliders on.. Went on fairly easy, bolts all came out pretty easy... Chased out the center ones that had not been used.. All in all pretty easy and now I have a wee bit more clearance on the side. Before Brushguard and Sliders 001rs.jpg After rsz_003.jpg

Pappibri

Been a wee bit busy

Well, finally pulled the trigger and picked up some 35's. Did a wee bit of other mods as well...
1- Installed my 315/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
2- Plasti-dipped my Chrome rims
3-repainted all the tow hooks.
4- Painted the silver on the front end under brushguard.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 687
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 666
  • 060.jpg