• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Old Iron (All Amercan Hummer)

TAPDH3T

Has anyone read the July 2013 edition of Off-Road Adventures.. This artical was written by Jim Allen..

I don't know if its me or what but I feel a negative vibe when reading it. It his about the history of the H1.. They use words like limited when talking about options and talk about it not being able to be civilianized.. They also mention about how the company goes Into bankruptcy..

I personally don't want a civilianized vehicle on the trail.. When I think Hummer I think us military, patriotism, battle tested.. Can go any where an do anything.. I would die for N H1... They do have some positive points in the article but I just feel that maybe the writer might be a lil negative against hummers...

EDIT:
I went back and re-read the artical.. I don't think it's as bad as when I first read it, but I don't feel they did Hummer justice at all...

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
When starting with a purely functional vehicle and then trying to create a perfect consumer vehicle you end up with bad compromises - so it's good the H1 didn't go that route.