• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Okay...I know. I just thought it was cool...

Messages
19
Location
Iowa
That for sure has a cool factor going on. Reminds me of a toy my uncle used to have. It was a Camaro body on some type of military frame running a Ford engine, Had tractor tires and would do a wheelie if you stomped it.
 

Expendable

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,025
Location
Burbank, CA
I kick myself every once in a while for not buying a Broncomet. What is a Broncomet you ask, well it is a 64 Mercury Comet sitting on a 67 Ford Bronco Frame.

original.jpg


Would have been a cool ride.

http://jalopnik.com/345111/broncomet
 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
The cool thing about the Eagle is...THEY CAME THAT WAY!

I was around back then, and I remember when AMC released them. The ad slogan was: "THE EAGLE HAS LANDED...on all fours". It was the typical AMC plan...to come up with something new & different, (which they were famous for). But like everything they did, it was too radical for the market to accept. Fast forward 30 years and look how many all-wheel drive cars there are. They definitely had the right idea but, solid axles front & rear seems so freaky on a family car. I had a girlfriend in high-school that had an identical wagon, for her first car. It had the faux wood-grain paneling on the sides, and I recall it was a sort of a piece of ****. But, it was awesome in the snow, and basically a Jeep under the sheetmetal. Her's was identical to this one...

eagle wagon.jpg

Look around on the net...The 2-door version had quite a successful career in Rally racing (which was all the rage back then). They went up against Subaru and Audi and held their own. AMC even released some special addition, performance models. Eagles are cool in their own goofy way.
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
Love it. I'm all about the oddball automotive oddities.

Someday people will think of Hummers the same way!

Sent with Tapacrack
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
I had a couple eagles. Put 29" mickey Thompson mud tires on one. It was fun playing around with it. Good in the snow ugly to look at had a galvanized body of I remember right.
 
Top