• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Newbie in Qatar

HummerH3T

Member
Messages
7
Location
Qatar, Al Khor
Hello guys i am the owner of a 2009 3.7 Hummer H3T adventure. I am currently living in Doha and I am finally ready to start upgrading my truck. Any ideas are very welcome. Car is stock other than an upgraded headunit and a torsion bar lift.

First things first I need to get some bump stops as I checked mine earlier and they are non existent! next payday I intend to buy some 315/75R16 yokohamas then following that I was thinking some upgraded shocks.

Any guys from/live in Qatar that know any good places to mod your truck? I cant seem to find anywhere so I am going to order parts online..


14976358_10154491305496352_1278300150665182761_o.jpg 17797091_10158489751735788_792722192_o.jpg
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Depends on your budget. But generally here in Qatar modding hummers is not alot. A few ppl that mod hummers like me and fellow member Humvee check everything on the forum and then go to the mechanic and tell them exactly what we want. But to get a mechanic that knows what theyre doing its not possible.

What are you planning besides tires and bump stops (those are straight forward and the person installing your tires can do that)
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Welcome!

How do you use your truck? That might help us answer you question

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

HummerH3T

Member
Messages
7
Location
Qatar, Al Khor
Thanks armg, I have spoken to Humvee actually and he mentioned a couple of things I might want to get for my truck to start out. is there any particular website that you order from to keep shipping costs down etc. I have an aramex shop and ship account but it will be pretty costly to get things shipped to that.

Ramrod, I use my truck for day to day commuting to work during the week and weekends I intend to spend in the desert or at the beach offroading. I am looking for performance and visual upgrades if that helps...
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Thanks armg, I have spoken to Humvee actually and he mentioned a couple of things I might want to get for my truck to start out. is there any particular website that you order from to keep shipping costs down etc. I have an aramex shop and ship account but it will be pretty costly to get things shipped to that.

Ramrod, I use my truck for day to day commuting to work during the week and weekends I intend to spend in the desert or at the beach offroading. I am looking for performance and visual upgrades if that helps...
For oem spare parts:

www.rockauto.com

They have the best shipping prices and If you select the faster method, they ship by fedex or ups (cant remember) and it would still be 30-40% cheaper than dealer prices with their discount.

They also carry some aftermarket stuff like bilstein shocks for the h3. Otherwise if you want other shocks, www.eshocks.com

Any other item is ebay, delivered direct or using aramex shop and ship. I haven't used q-posts "connected" service but its cheaper once your package exceeds 2 pounds
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
How much are those 315s costing you? I recall 5 years back we had to go to dubai to find those size tires on 16s. That was the main reason on my second H3 that I bought aftermarket wheels (online too) so I can just buy the tires locally!
 

HummerH3T

Member
Messages
7
Location
Qatar, Al Khor
How much are those 315s costing you? I recall 5 years back we had to go to dubai to find those size tires on 16s. That was the main reason on my second H3 that I bought aftermarket wheels (online too) so I can just buy the tires locally!


Thanks for the info man, I will check the site out after work. I have been quoted 1100 per tyre unless I buy all four, Which I will be doing. Price is then discounted to 1000 each I forgot the name of the garage but it is along Salwa road. Do you think that's a reasonable price?
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Reasonable? Well yes since you have no other options. Wheels will cost you approx 4K from the states if you want to run 35s on 17s (available locally)

Hankooks are better, my bro just got a set of 315/70/17s MTs (35s) and they were 825 each. I got my 315/70/17s Cooper AT (which are even better) for 950 each. Have 5 years on them and 100K, still have another year tread life left
 

HummerH3T

Member
Messages
7
Location
Qatar, Al Khor
Reasonable? Well yes since you have no other options. Wheels will cost you approx 4K from the states if you want to run 35s on 17s (available locally)

Hankooks are better, my bro just got a set of 315/70/17s MTs (35s) and they were 825 each. I got my 315/70/17s Cooper AT (which are even better) for 950 each. Have 5 years on them and 100K, still have another year tread life left

Okay that's good to know. I think I am going to stick to stock wheels and add the 35s. Do you have any idea where I can get some bump stops from in Doha? Mannai don't have a clue what im talking about
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
http://m.trailduty.com/item/373634

GM calls them springs. The ones I linked above are 0.5" longer than stock. When you level or raise the truck there will be a gap between the control arm amd your current bump stops. These ones fill that gap.

1. You will truck will feel stable (otherwise you will have small side to side swaying in the body while going straight. )

2. It will make the suspension feel harsher on bumps. The stock GM ones are progressive rate. They start soft and then become harsher as they are compressed. This way you don't get a harsh ride on small bumps. The one linked above is one rate, harsh.

Its a tradeoff but this is the only thing available.
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Keep in mind the H3 can't be regeared yet so your performance drop will be big.
O.D. are making a way to regear but your front diff will need replacing to do that which is $
 

HummerH3T

Member
Messages
7
Location
Qatar, Al Khor
Keep in mind the H3 can't be regeared yet so your performance drop will be big.
O.D. are making a way to regear but your front diff will need replacing to do that which is $

Noted thanks, I think I would prefer to lose some power and have the bigger tyres it makes the truck a lot more beefy. Is it worth me just ordering the front levelling kit then and save on postage. I wanted to get bilsteins anyway.

https://www.trailduty.com/product_i...d=765&osCsid=999aacf6fa33b0ba4d40fb97d2ad7f97
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
IIRc trailduty was expensive for shipping internationally. No harm to ask them again.

Check rockauto.com, and eshocks.com, they have bilsteins and give you direct shipping quotes.
As you already know, shipping will be a big part of the order.
 

HummerH3T

Member
Messages
7
Location
Qatar, Al Khor
not too sure where to post this so I am going to do it here.... Massive shoutout to Humvee for meeting me tonight and donating his old bump stops, really informative about my truck and what needs to be done as well, cheers man
 
Top