• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New with H2

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
Welcome. I love seeing all these new H2 members. As far as parts are concerned let us know what your looking for many of us H2 owners have scoured as many available resources that are available.
 

gn4life

Member
Messages
18
Location
Cc
Welcome from New Jersey! Post some pics of the new rig!

Welcome to H4O.

Awesome! I'm no longer the newest member! :horns: Welcome


Welcome. I love seeing all these new H2 members. As far as parts are concerned let us know what your looking for many of us H2 owners have scoured as many available resources that are available.

Welcome from Delson, Quebec.

Welcome from Michigan! Pics of your H2 please. :)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!!!!
 
Last edited:

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
Welcome, so you have a 2011 H2? :huh:

With Tahoe axles and H3 wheels (6 lug, which means it's probably a Tahoe frame as well), a too small engine (5.3 instead of the original 6.0 or 6.2, also indicating a Tahoe frame), and a color changing paint job. That thing is a Frankenstein H2.
 

gn4life

Member
Messages
18
Location
Cc
With Tahoe axles and H3 wheels (6 lug, which means it's probably a Tahoe frame as well), a too small engine (5.3 instead of the original 6.0 or 6.2, also indicating a Tahoe frame), and a color changing paint job. That thing is a Frankenstein H2.
......
 
Last edited:

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
What was negative? They are all facts, aren't they? It's not a completely stock H2, that's all I was saying. Nothing wrong with it it being a Frankenstein.

If you have Tahoe axles and a 5.3 which wasn't an option in the H2, but was standard in the Tahoe, then logic would indicate that it's probably a Tahoe frame with an H2 body on it. I can't imagine what would possibly lead to an H2 frame ending up with Tahoe axles on both the rear AND the front, considering the 6 stud Tahoe hubs mounting with 3 bolts vs H2/tahoe 8 stud hubs using 4 bolts. That would mean not just the hubs are different, but the knuckle would have to be different as well, and probably the rest of the IFS. Plus the fact that the body sits a few inches higher than it normally would, and the front and rear bumper not matching up to stock leads me to believe it's an H2 body on a Tahoe frame. Which again, nothing wrong with that.

Geez dude, chill out. You're still acting like people are attacking you.
 

gn4life

Member
Messages
18
Location
Cc
What was negative? They are all facts, aren't they? It's not a completely stock H2, that's all I was saying. Nothing wrong with it it being a Frankenstein.

If you have Tahoe axles and a 5.3 which wasn't an option in the H2, but was standard in the Tahoe, then logic would indicate that it's probably a Tahoe frame with an H2 body on it. I can't imagine what would possibly lead to an H2 frame ending up with Tahoe axles on both the rear AND the front, considering the 6 stud Tahoe hubs mounting with 3 bolts vs H2/tahoe 8 stud hubs using 4 bolts. That would mean not just the hubs are different, but the knuckle would have to be different as well, and probably the rest of the IFS. Plus the fact that the body sits a few inches higher than it normally would, and the front and rear bumper not matching up to stock leads me to believe it's an H2 body on a Tahoe frame. Which again, nothing wrong with that.

Geez dude, chill out. You're still acting like people are attacking you.
.....
 
Last edited:

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
Did you stop to think that maybe I wasn't telling you about your stuff, but telling Fish instead, and then you came blowing back in acting like it was directed at you?
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Didn't make sense to me either...until I found this when I stripped it down.
2j3qhc9.jpg
Where is that located? I've been staring at it and I can't for the life of me figure out what part of the truck that is.

Sounds very interesting. Do you know any history on it? I'd be curious how it got out into circulation. GM had a history of never letting those vehicles get out and crushing them. I knew a guy who watched as they crushed a beautiful 1990 Pontiac Fiero. [emoji22] It was a development vehicle, so it couldn't be licensed so they wouldn't even let it go to a collector or museum. Such waste!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
It's rare that things/comments on the forum get personal. We have many long-time regular members here who like to engage in healthy exchanges of ideas and opinions without causing any real butt-hurt. That's what makes this Hummer forum like nowhere else.
 

gn4life

Member
Messages
18
Location
Cc
It's rare that things/comments on the forum get personal. We have many long-time regular members here who like to engage in healthy exchanges of ideas and opinions without causing any real butt-hurt. That's what makes this Hummer forum like nowhere else.
Pm responded to...
 

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
1,932
Location
Texas
****, by the looks of that sandy crap on the panel and the the ski rope looking thing........I have to wonder if this truck was involved in some sort of "nautical adventure"


:)
 
Top