• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Radiator...

Jeepwalker

Well, I milked the old mildly-leaking radiator for a few yrs till she could go no more, and got real leaky! It was part of my coolant replacement process! Installed the new AC Delco radiator I bought a couple yrs ago back when they were available (one of my hoarded parts). Also replaced most of the rotating elements on the engine: new belt pulleys and new Alternator. The bearing had been running dry. The brushes had worn a groove in the armature, so perfect time to replace. She's dry and quiet up front now!!!

WARNING: For guys who haven't replaced the alternator.. PLEASE disregard what one you-tube self proclaimed 'expert mechanic' (doing the job the very first time) suggested ...which was bend the AC tube a lot, to remove the alternator out the top. He really bent that AC line! A good way to potentially screw up the AC. The easy way is to remove the fan shroud and fan (need a fan wrench), then the alternator slides out the front under the AC line easy as pie. No screwing up the AC.

H3Hummer

second that !!!! changed my radiator and alternator too , long time ago, and lucky me , i DID NOT follow the bullshit told on YouTube!!
Like Jeepwalker says , the right tools and the right way to go without damaging AC Lines !