• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Owner H3 Hummer

Gotitmade11

Probationary Member
New member of this forum and have read several post that has helped me identify and fix several items of concern. Like the check engine light, airbag light, traction control and a couple others. So far I have replaced the coil packs and plugs, VTT valve, thermostat, YAW, and still like the Hummer a lot.
Sold my Jeep and the Hummer is taking its place. Now the only problem I am having is every now and then the engine light will come on and I fill a slight jumping at 40/50mph. I hope it’s not a burnt valve. But if so shouldn’t it be missing all the time? This is intermittent.
I’d love to fix the problem.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I think you need to run codes on this. Could be anything from a bad coil to a transmission issue to cam timing. Take it to an auto parts store and plug in an OBD II reader.

Gotitmade11

Probationary Member
I just bought a AUTEL ML629 and hope it should be delivered in by tomorrow. Now if it will give the information i need i will be happy. Thank you for your reply. I hope it's not a burnt valve. I don't think it is but that's a huge cost.