• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Member from Western Maryland

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland
Hi All,

I have been ghosting the site for awhile and finally registered. My truck (my second H3 actually) is a 2010 Adventure, Black, and still retains some chrome and the (hopefully) soon to be gone Nerf bars.

The Bowser name was what my daughter called our first H3, I liked it enough to reuse it.


I'll be setting up a build log and finish off my intro in there as I am able to get to it.
 

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland
Sliders are on, UCP in progress but won't get finished for a few days.



fac9c3986a3f519ce90c6af104e764c2.jpg


0dc34205f802578f00d1f8d940727abf.jpg


Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland
With installing the UCP one challenge was that when I bought the truck the passenger side skid plate bolt was missing, resulting in a very rattley skid plate. The hole was in bad shape, so I ended up using a 12mm bolt, socket cap originally, but now it is a 14mm hex head bolt.

24e01b91d7664b0c25b226a5f934c513.jpg


This also meant drilling out the UCP hole.

2d327e504bd145911dbc0dfa0dbe5ccf.jpg


And of course after being ~5 years old all the 8mm holes needed chased.

9d8f86ea5161710d644eb7ee26682b7b.jpg


Finished for the day...:

bc04ee34d4832d5e8b8cf2c30ae620df.jpg


b132e832d0d0de5439af78d5e3138891.jpg


da188ada5cace30a19200b2729dffbf6.jpg


.... With another habit/hobby, fresh roasted (last night) espresso:

93db2649d1968d3d0d6363e9e2079361.jpg


Bowser II


Build Page:
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...-II-Build-Out-a-Western-Maryland-H3-Adventure
 

Cyrus Avey

Well-Known Member
Messages
73
Location
San Antonio TX
That's what I need is some UCP I just have whatever it came with from the factory.....


[emoji631]It's a Hummer...... That's why we bought them isn't it........???? To drive up sh*t????[emoji848][emoji631]
 

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland
Welcome to the forums, I love that you're removing the chrome. I feel like chrome is the bane of the Hummer existence.
Yeah, I think the chrome can look okay if done tastefully. But there were so few examples of that when the trucks came out that there was no real chance of it ever being anything but a slur.

Congrats on 130k turnover, I'm still at less than 50k...

Bowser II


Build Page:
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...-II-Build-Out-a-Western-Maryland-H3-Adventure
 
Top