• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Guy From Va

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Welcome from VA - Your first assignment is to explain to the California crew what mud looks like and how to ride in it :thumbs:

yes -- very unfortunate that they only know that it costs money and makes the skin feel tight -- Maybe scraping some out between the tread will yield some gas money.

The California guys are great by the way -- just need to keep them on their toes once in a while.

You must be harboring some deep resentment or envy towards Californians to make such an unprovoked attack on us.

Did I mention that the temperature was 70F with less than 5 mph wind today?

I think you're going to need some therapy to help you get through this. You need to drive your truck to California and spend a month wheeling with us. That should do it!
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
As dry as Texas as been I'm not sure you could even make mud there with less than a frog strangler thunderstorm. As for Cali, well we had some rain and the dirt did get a little tacky. Then they passed an ordinance against mud and hired 10,000 union dirt dryers with huge state pensions to dry it all up. Now we are even more in debt but we have no mud. 70 today, partly cloudy, I'll walk over to Fashion Island and eat at one of the outdoor sidewalk cafes for lunch. Pretty nice.
Seriously the desert and the mountains have some phenomenal and beautiful wheeling areas and if you catch it just right you can find some mud. I came back from one of the Mojave road trips after it had rained quite a bit and Tustin had the truck on the wash rack for 30-40 minutes with the high pressure hose trying to get enough mud off the truck so they could work on it. I think they got about an acre of dirt out from under the truck. Doesn't happen often though.
 

kflips

Well-Known Member
Messages
776
Location
Virginia
You must be harboring some deep resentment or envy towards Californians to make such an unprovoked attack on us.

Did I mention that the temperature was 70F with less than 5 mph wind today?

I think you're going to need some therapy to help you get through this. You need to drive your truck to California and spend a month wheeling with us. That should do it!


Actually I could handle a month or two where the definition of a "season' if going from 80 to 65 degrees. it's just that those CA trucks are always soooo clean
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Its all an illusion. We Photoshop the dirt off and the dents out before we post the pictures.

IMG_0457-1.jpg


You come out here in the winter and we'll make sure you get the truck dirty! Yah just hafta follow the water truck!
 
Top