• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New from Orlando with a 2006 H3

Ryan212

Fresh meat with a 2006 H3 with some major modifications, Duramax, 4L85, Teraflex 60 full floater Solid axles front and rear, SOA, ARB air lockers, Atlas 2 transfer case just to name a few.

Some may recognize this build from Sema 2006. I have read some of the many magazine articles about this build and thought it was very impressive. I have wanted to do a Duramax build or swap for a long time, into something unique. I have also wanted a hummer since the late 90’s when my grandparents lived a few miles from Mishiwaka/South Bend and I would see the original Hummers driving around. While the truck was not listed for sale, I made what I thought was a fair offer on it sight unseen and it was accepted.

I appologize for my delay in this thread, I wanted to wait until I had it registered and titled in my name before my introduction. I look forward to reading more of this forum and taking it offroad soon.

Ryan

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150702_173451_resized_2.jpg
    20150702_173451_resized_2.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 544

Zach

Mall Crawler
Welcome from So Cal! Think I like the fade in the color. Pretty cool and sounds like a unique 3. Do you mind if I ask what the offer was?

Big2dabank

Sweet ride! Welcome from your neighbor to the west in Clermont, Fl. If your interested in putting that thing to some good use, I'm itching for some wheeling time and will hit some trails in the next few weeks. Finally got my ABS problems solved so I'm ready to roll.

Ryan212

Long term plans are integrate all of the electrical systems to work with the Duramax, so the vehicle runs and drives like a stock truck. I hope to be able to use some of the 2008+ parts like the BCM to help with this task. Service all fluids and inspect everything. Suspension wise just go through inspect, paint or powdercoat parts and replace parts if needed. Add a parking brake. Adjust the sticks on the Atlas 2 for easier control.

I want to get a winch to complete the front end and may change either the front or rear bumper. Currently there is an ARB front bumper on it. Then take it wheeling and get seat time in it, I suspect it should be a lot of fun without needing any other changes.

Ryan

jphh20

Awesome rig and def echo the more pics outside and under the hood. I remember this truck years ago featured at sema and always wonder where these trucks end up. This one has a sas under the diesel, correct?

Joe

Ryan212

Correct on the solid axle swap, Teraflex 60 solid front axle, Atlas 2 transfer case and a Spring Over with a matching Teraflex 60 in the rear.

As I clean it up, I will get pictures posted. Since this was not just a show truck it did spend time offroad as it should.

If anybody has the magazine articles from this build or the 2006 Sema directory that would like to share or sell them, let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan

rascole

Bad azz ride man. Some serious parts on that list. I am however very interested in that rear bumper. Someday when you get a chance to take some pice of the installation would be nice.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
nice rig and welcome! Is the abs functioning on it or was all of it gutted?

Im the guy over from pirate with the SAS H3.

Ryan212

There is no ABS, although the module is still retained. There are no tone rings on any of the axles to my knowledge.

CaseyS

I don't know how I missed this thread. Welcome aboard. I thought I remember a link a while back that this truck was getting parted out or someone had bought it mostly for the value of the aftermarket gear. Good to know it has survived.

So I assume it is still road worthy and you are driving it around?

Ryan212

I changed the tires to some used 35's that were laying around as the original rubber was shot. Yes, I drive it around a few times a week to work. I have driven about 2000 miles, including 1600 miles from Minneapolis MN to Orlando where it made it back without any issues. It is "road worthy" but there are a few things that need to be fixed to make it technically legal. I need to get the front turn signals to work and wire in a horn and the highbeams.

I found a listing where it was listed back in 2009, but I purchased it from the company that built it, so it was never sold.

Currently I am just going through doing maintenance and cleaning, trying to figure out what it needs to I can work on it in the fall/winter, as it is too hot to do anything during the summer since it will not fit into my garage.

Ryan

Ryan212

Here are some additional pics that were requested.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150731_201148_resized.jpg
    20150731_201148_resized.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 20150808_100217_resized.jpg
    20150808_100217_resized.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 20150902_070520_resized.jpg
    20150902_070520_resized.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 218

BIGFRY77

Nice Rig! I like the front bumper, I have not seen many that look good or natural on the H3's. Holding out on us, no motor pics yet! Be great to see pics of the undercarriage and those SAS. Thanks for hummer SMUT!

Ryan212

I have not had a chance to cleanup under the hood, but here is a SAS shot from a few minutes ago.
attachment.php

Ryan

Attachments

• 20150902_113740_resized.jpg
    20150902_113740_resized.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 220