• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

n0use build thread

n0useforaname

Can't wait to see the build on this. Saw your build on Dmax forum so I expect much more with this!

Yeah, I sunk a TON of money into the Dmax. After the kids get a bit older and I get more free time, this beast of a machine is getting a Dmax. In the meantime, I've been doing some other small stuff, like replacing worn looking interior pieces, getting the lock changed out on the tonneau, etc.. I spent so much time modding my other rig, I never got time to enjoy/drive it.. so I told myself to slow down a bit on this one :)

n0useforaname

Kinda hard to actually use these pics, as you can see much more than what they actually show... if that makes sense.

1B5BD2F3-70DA-4B12-88AD-40030D4DE940_zpsbrb0mwvb.jpg

889D5494-DEFC-4A0D-981D-1D359302BEAE_zpsqkdqffyv.jpg

n0useforaname

They are very bright.. like anything that I can see through my windshield is lit up, and not ONE person has high beamed me yet.. I can't describe how great it is. When I had HID's.. people constantly high beamed me. I don't drive too often, but maybe I'll try to take the Nikon out and get a decent shot at night while I'm sitting still to show exactly how bright they are. Even people who ride with me ask where I got my headlights at, and why are they so bright :) I'm currently evaluating whether I'm gonna switch my wifes headlights for LEDs now.

And on a thread update.... I'm currently trying to decide if I wanna do a LED interior swap as well... I had red in my last rig and liked it.. but it was a lot of work. Thoughts?

tchaffin

Probationary Member
Looks great. Mind If I ask where you got the 17X9 Fuel Revolvers on 35X12.50 Fuel Mud Grippers from? Order online? No issues with offset?

amrg

Last week I had the chance to compare my setup to a friend in a jk who did the same instal. As you said, the beam cutoff was perfect. No glare and they were as good as my 50watt Hid setup, without the ton of stray light my setup gives. At certain times he trailed me and his light looked space age :p and didnt bother me one bit. Since its LED, doesnt need to warm up!

n0useforaname

Looks great. Mind If I ask where you got the 17X9 Fuel Revolvers on 35X12.50 Fuel Mud Grippers from? Order online? No issues with offset?

Got them online at Mr. Wheel Deal.. they came in 200.00 cheaper than anyone else, and it came pre-mounted and balanced with lugs.. And no, they fit perfectly.

Last week I had the chance to compare my setup to a friend in a jk who did the same instal. As you said, the beam cutoff was perfect. No glare and they were as good as my 50watt Hid setup, without the ton of stray light my setup gives. At certain times he trailed me and his light looked space age :p and didnt bother me one bit. Since its LED, doesnt need to warm up!

Yeah, they are spectacular. I had HIDs on EVERYTHING I owned.. and I owned a lot of stuff :) And LEDs are by far the best color/light output I've had.

LoJac963

I'm surprised how bright those are, I couldn't understand how the relfectors were set up but it makes sense. Too expensive for me though, I'll keep my $65 HID's for now.
You can look at my build thread, I replaced all interior lights to LED. Including the dash lights, cluster lights, radio, climate control, etc.

n0useforaname

Yeah I saw that. I did the same thing in my Dmax, but I got a little OCD and even swapped out the plexiglass in the HVAC system, and modded the cluster too. I just can't decide if I wanna go red, or red/white, or just white, or even orange, or orange/white :)
DSC_0891_zps1d9b70b7.jpg

Caraddict

Love the headlights...I want brighter lights but since I lifted my truck I can't go anywhere without having someone flash thier lights at me...