• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

My old new member post

Chastan

Thought I would throw up my original new member post from 2009....

Campus Visit
Ok so I have been lurking since I starting shopping for a used H2 in October of '08.

Acceptance Letter in the Mail
After several trips around the Midwest to look at potential matches and finding just that balance of features (got to have the sun roof!), getting a great deal and making sure the wife is ok driving it every day, we gave ourselves a Christmas present before the new year.

Picking a Major and moving in
Mint Stealth Gray 2005 H2. I have a long list of tweaks and mods I hope to give it but for now we are loving life on the road. It has a lot of chrome I am switching out (no offence HummBob) and then the add on toys to come. I will save posting a picture as motivation to get the list done.

I live in central Wisconsin where it is of course cold and full of snow right now. Driving in the cold stuff is fun (especially in Low2) but unfortunately the local county highway departments feel the need to salt the roads like a cheap steak so the biggest challenge currently is keeping the stealth gray from looking stealth white.

Some Education
Thanks to all on the forum for educating and preparing me for the purchase process. Here is a short list of what I have learned/confirmed so far. In the honorary format of Jeff Foxworthy...

You might be the proud owner of a 2005 H2 if:

1 - Your power fold in mirrors do not work (getting those replace this week with '06 version)
2 - People you work with that commute 80 miles one way have an opinion on gas mileage but never mention the miles they drive each day
3 - You find yourself on Ebay several times and never realized that Harley, Kawasaki and Zoom all have "H2" models
4 - People who have owned trucks all their lives but have never been in an H2 are surprised by the "ride" and interior
5 - When programing the XM satalite it seems very fitting to put the ALL AC/DC channel next to the CLASSICAL POPs channel
6 - There is the little bit of rust forming around your rear tow hooks (every one I looked at)
7 - The small town (10,000ppl) local authorities can spot your marker lights from two blocks away and know you are the only H2 in town.
8 - "Jumping in the back" is not an option for your eight-year-old black lab
9 - The height of your garage door actually becomes relevant in your life.
10 - Kids at the bus stop bow to your wife as she drives by like Mike Myers in Waynes World

That's all for now from this freshman. I hope to mingle with you all on campus and at that occasional house party. I'll be the one running the tapper...

Thanks

Chastan

M

MUTAINT

Hello and Welcome from MI! We have a great island over here in Da' U.P. you should come play on with your HUMMER!:p

Hey John, Please post up some of your pix on the DI picture and video thread! Once again it was a pleasuer to wheel and hang out with you and your family during the S.H.I.T. 2011.

MaxPF

AGNTSA
welcome20.gif

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Welcome John. Hope you and the family are doing well. Candi Dave and I were talking about ya'll this weekend.