• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

MT H3 new owner

BigBluMT

Member
Messages
11
Location
United States
Hi I just got a 2006 H3 from a private seller. I really love it! There is a problem I need to ask ya'll about since my GM service dealer is known for making you take it up the tail pipe in costs. If anyone can help me out, let me know. I really want to get it running good so I can enjoy it. The idea of it being in the shop for a long time does not make the cockles of my heart all warm and fuzzy.
 

zackcrum

Well-Known Member
Messages
543
Location
Corinth MS
Welcome to the forum from central Louisiana! I'll be "that guy" before anyone else, post pictures of your truck! And the problem.
 

BigBluMT

Member
Messages
11
Location
United States
well when I accelerate starting at about 30mph, I get this humming/roaring sound... kind of like 4x4 tires... When I put it in neutral or take my foot off the accelerator, it stops. Also when I put it into gear from park, if I try to shift it down quickly to drive there is a clunking noise and kind of jerks the hummer. It also makes that clunking noise if I take it off cruise control manually accelerate. I actually thought it was the tires at first but when I was driving barefoot, I could feel a slight vibration in the pedal, and when I turned off the radio and the ac, I could really hear it then. There is a very slight light hummingbird type vibration in the steering wheel. I can barely feel it. I took it to a gm dealer, they said whoever serviced it prior to me getting it did a bad job. they used hockey pucks for mounts which I just got underneath and saw it... and they said the differential needs to be overhauled and the transfer case needs to be replaced. I am in no way a mechanic so I have no idea what I am looking at, other than the hockey puck. GGGRRRR... Could it be a u-joint, a bushing... anything else? If it is that... what do you suggest, just replace the whole front end, find used parts.... do it myself or take it for someone to do.
 
Top