• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

LOW tire light fu..t up

H3Hummer

That sucks just after mounting my new BFG's first the TPMS goes on then the LOW tire light, and it did not shut. So , checked at the OBD reader .... tataaaa 2 of 4 TPMS are bad... tried relearning procedure twice ...nope..LOW tire light still on..so they fu.... up and got 4 new one on the way . 🤪🤪🤪

Jeepwalker

Does your warning light say on all the time? Or come on after driving a while? I assume your pressures are correct. That suck, probably a lot more $$ for you.

I just changed tires too and I'm seeing the light come on also. I've yet to hook up the scanner and dig in. Hope to get some time in next couple days.
Where did you get yours from? I got mine from RockAuto... ACDelco's

H3Hummer

The light stays on , even after reset :mad: I got the new ones from Ebay, and they are black. Coming from Germany, pay like 85$ from a US parts and others store guy named

Electronicx GmbH .​

aspen

i took mine out all 4 were bad at 100 each for a stem nuts i dont need them

08H3

Just a heads up for anyone needing these in the future, I am 99% convinced that Schrader is the OEM manufacturer. I used them in both the H3 and Corvette and they appear identical, other than the color, right down to all the markings. Have had zero issues and they were substantially cheaper than the GM ones.

H3Hummer

Cleared :D

so i found on an other Hummer talk by searching around on the net:
1: drive on highway at 50-60Mph for 10 minutes. STOP, disconnect both battery terminals and reconnect them after few seconds. (I waited like 30 sec)
2: Drive another few minutes at 50-60mph and wait....... and YES YES, the LOW TIRE light cleared itself. Just to be shore I drove back home and plugged the OBD reader in to check for error codes.....nothing, all clear and the TPMS shows OK and the pressure on all of them.
Seems like new TPMS take a few miles to relearn them self by driving a good constant speed on highway for 10 or 15 minutes around 👍.
So folks, now waiting for free days to take my H3 with those new Km3's to the dirt 😈😈😈😈

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The TPMS sensors have batteries in them that go dormant when parked so it takes a bit of driving to wake them up so they'll have an accurate reading. You may also want to get one of these to help reset the TPMS after rotating. It's a lot easier than using the procedure from the manual and it may wake them up enough to get accurate tire pressure readings.

650Hawk

Disconnecting the battery does nothing; you simply need to drive a bit for them to start transmitting accurately. I have also found that if the tire pressure is close to/at 38psi, the TPMS will trigger a low tire warning when it's cold out. Driving about 10-15 minutes to warm up the tires and it goes off. I'm currently running 40psi in my BFG 305s and don't have any issues now.

H3Hummer

No, at my first tires change the garage did fucked up and killed the spare sensor. But never had problems so far. My TPMS light stays off , since the new sensors are mounted .