• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hunner Edition Tetons

Hunner

I was approaching the Tetons this time not thru Jackson Hole so I had a different perspective of them looking from the East to West.
DAH_2745.jpg

DAH_2746.jpg

DAH_2742.jpg

DAH_2740.jpg

Arriving at the entrance I was told it was $25. Then apparently the weathered gray appearance of this old coger had here ask if I was 62. Uh huh and still counting. Well you get a passcard for all parks for $10. Presented my driver's license and was good to go.
Token tourist shot of the sign:thumbs:
DAH_2747.jpg

Last edited:

Hunner

Again, glad I could share those as well and thanks for your comments. We do have mountains and waterfalls here in Arkansas as well as great fall colors. It's just that I spent 28 years covering that fairly well.
The grass is always greener?? or yellow?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
One day I am going to do what you are doing. Take one of my Hummers and drive all over this country. I am sure your pictures are better than mine will be but I can always pull up these threads and look at your pictures again.

Last edited:

Hunner

Well there is still time! All it takes is a Hummer, health, time and money. I have two friends that recently waited too long! That is what kicked me in the rear this time.
I started early, finished early and took the cut in retirement to get to escape at age 48 and sail the Gulf for eight years and do things while I was in good shape, and get paid for it! Hell I could always be the door man at Wally World or work in the tool department at Lowe's later in life, except with gout and macular degeneration, the dry eye part and other ailments I would have to be on drugs or as my doctor buddy says, "better living thru chemistry"
I just shoot pictures and make Hummer parts for now, with some fiberglass creations for race cars and boats.

There are some great smart cameras out there. You just have to develop an eye for composition, I guess. When things line up just right I pull over and back up and find that spot that hit me as what I want in a shot. I guess I view the world thru a camera after 50 years or more. Programming these digital cameras is a matter of preference. I like to set mine up so the in camera processing gets the results I want. I don't want to mess with adjusting everyone of them. I don't use RAW. Tried that, lots of memory and you still have to mess with them all and the large files take more time to mess with. Heck I spent years in a dark room and I don't even want to spend hours trying to outsmart a properly programmed digital imaging device. I use JPEG large fine and it works for me. What I do mess with is exposure, saturation and contrast as well as watch my depth of field for the effect I want.
I carry a wide range of lenses and have found shooting digital I need to set up a profile for each one to achieve near the same results. Different focal lengths have their sweet spots. The Nikon D300 I now shoot has lots of options and the DX format gives you 1.5 times the focal length of a given lens rating. I checked out some full frame models and printed some images. They do offer higher ISO's but with the range the D300 has I shoot on stage productions and it does good with stage lighting. I chose to buy more of the high end Nikon lenses rather than go with the full frame models that have come out, for my money. I stay away from the new policy of Nikon to include "package" lenses. Heck I can still use my old metal lenses of many years ago on the Nikon.
I think of it as making memories I can view over and over when I can't go anymore. I am in the never ending process of scanning old 35mm slides before they fade away, like I will do someday! eeek