• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Howdy!

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
Messages
168
Location
Tucson, AZ
Howdy to all from Dwaine Jungen. Thanks to Luis and Alex a non HUMMER owner is now registered. Now Alex can I get rid of "Prius Lover?"? Thanks for allowing the Scorpion and I to come aboard!
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Oh boy! There goes the neighborhood! :mock: :)
BTW Dwaine, i picked up another, new fabrication project for you yesterday when I was in Phoenix. I'll bring it by this weekend.

BTW, does anyone out there want Dwaine to fab up some H3T bed racks to hold your gear, tent or spare tire? They would sorta look like this:

df71345d.jpg

37b5c1b8.jpg

20129dde.jpg

0536c1fd.jpg
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
Hi Dwayne. I think our paths have crossed already. Welcome to the forum.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
No more "Prius Lover" status as Jesse James gave Dwaine the nickname "Yosemite Sam" (a little known fact) - so, I figured that would be more appropriate. :)
 
Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
Welcome to H4O!

Monster Garage, huh? I loved that show when it was on!! :cheers:
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
Our paths crossed? Fill me in.

I worked with Sonni many years ago when he was still in Arkansas. The Cummins Scorpion was my design. Unfortunately he turned out to be a crook, and has many lawsuits against. Stopped trying to pursue the projects and came up with our own.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
 

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
Messages
168
Location
Tucson, AZ
I worked with Sonni many years ago when he was still in Arkansas. The Cummins Scorpion was my design. Unfortunately he turned out to be a crook, and has many lawsuits against. Stopped trying to pursue the projects and came up with our own.

Your comments are not new to me......I met Soni through a previous business venture after he moved to Chama, N.M. in 2000. I got involved in the design modification and fabrication for him and PCF bought the Scorpion and the intellectual property in early 2003. Preferred Chassis has worked hard to resolve the "history" that came with the purchase and make the Scorpion a viable, marketable product. Soni remains a close friend but has no ties to current Scorpion ventures or business decisions.

It is unfortunate that your first Scorpion exposure was undesireable!
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
Were you associated with Pat Gremillion? From my research on Scorpion units built, the first MKII diesel was used by Pat as pro-rock buggy. I think it was the BF Goodrich series in 1999 or 2000.

No association other than through his Pull Pal, which we used extensively all around the world. We may have shared ideas. The original MkII diesel concept was with either the MB diesel 3.0 I6 cylinder or 4.0 V8 depending on need. Turns out Cummins was very interested in collaborating on new projects so it was a better solution and much more readily available. This was also around 1999.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
 
Top