• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HOOD HANDLES thru bolt to hold louver on

Hunner

This keeps the louver on and you don't have them doober dobber adhesive all over under it you will have the option to paint or wrap or whatever you want.
Do your handles have threaded studs now?
The billet set I got had them and I removed them, bought some bolts to go up from the inside of the hood into the handles.
Don't use the instructions as where to place them. You have to be carefull so your bolts are on the flat part of the braces for one or it will end up on the edge.
Take the handle somewhere and thread a nut on it so you can see what size and thread the bolt is so you can get some the right size and not strip out the threads. I used PBblaster on mine and let them soak so the threaded shafts would come out. I used SS bolts and coated them with anti-seize so I could remove them if needed. I have always though about painting my hood flat back at some point to kill the white from reflecting my roof lights.

Update: tried the black plastic dip and during the summer I used a laser temp gauge and found the difference in temperature between white surfaces and the black a whole lot higher, I mean a lot! Peeled it off.

Drivers side
driv_8636-1.jpg

Passenger
pass8637.jpg

DAH_8630.jpg

Amended 1/15/17
I should add that you should take your time and paint where you drilled to avoid corrosion and use silicone sealer and SS bolts and nyloc nuts. Even if you are just bolting it down without handles this is a good preventative step. Just use some SS washers on the top and paint if you want.

Last edited:

Hunner

I had those washers in my SS boat hardware.
I can see where you would need large fender washers with that Mad Max Road Warrior Apocalypse brush guard!:shifty: