• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hmmwv

kflips

If you follow some of the traditional H1 forum you will have seen this build from the vendor -- I got a HMMWV to add to my H3T. Largely military components but added offroading enhancements (2" lift, full UCP, front brush guard, 39.5 Irocs, front & rear winches). There are a few guys with enough inventory & experience to rebuild them, I had discussed options with one of them or over a year. This is has a 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4l80e transmission, Detroit lockers front & rear (mechanical), military wiring harness, UCP and Rocker panel protection, rubber duck front brush guard, 16 inch Hutchison wheels. I figured the H1 section is the best place to post this. With this addition, I have the full AM General, Hummer wish list of mine complete.

H3T's were the last item built by the GM/Hummer line and I believe there were around 50 built for model year 2010. The title on the HMMWV is for one of the first 500 HMMWV's ever built (1985). Sort of a first and last concept that I have been lucky enough to complete.

Time for maintaining these puppies for years to come.

HMMWVnew4.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
congrats!
Question about the H1 forum? To follow the H1 builds on HML do you have the be an owner? I dont even really wanna post there I just wanna watch these builds....

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Congrats Kevin!! What a great looking truck! I wish I was still your "neighbor" because is be on my way over now!

Merry Christmas ya filthy animal! :wink:

Sent with Tapacrack

kflips

congrats!
Question about the H1 forum? To follow the H1 builds on HML do you have the be an owner? I dont even really wanna post there I just wanna watch these builds....

No, you can be an h3 owner. I tracked a lot of there info for a while to lean. There are some military vehicle specific forums as well if you are more into hmmwv vs h1.

Expendable

Congrats! I was wondering who Blair built that for!
who built the rockers?
and how come you wanted 16" Hutchinsons?

congrats!

there's plenty of members on the HML. there's more who 'lurk' rather than post there.

Pappibri

I love your new rig.. I can so see you behind the wheel of that beast. Great find. That would complete my wish list and more.....:cheers:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
16.5 Hutchinsons. Congrats, great looking rig. Chris you just need to join, don't have to be an owner.. Check out g503 if you like military related vehicles.

Expendable

16.5 Hutchinsons.

according to Blair they're straight 16s.

humslr said:
We just finished this build for a customer.
HMMWV # 00499
M1150 series engine
All military 4l80e 242 t-case
All new harnesses
Functional deep fording kit
Front & rear 24v 12,000 winches
200 amp generator/alternator
LED lights
2in lift
39.5 iroc's
Drive-line/rocker pannel protection
Type 2 carc paint
Body off restoration
2 piece 16in up-armored hutchison wheels with internal bead-locks
Spray on lined interior/bed

humslr said:
Yes, 39.5x13.5x16 load range E's

http://www.hummernetworkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=235448&start=0

kflips

Straight 16's so not typical on H1/HMMWV. Rightly or Wrongly I figured the 16's would not hurt performance and long term there would be more tire options in 16's. Apparently Hutchison makes these for non military armored vehicles and for some border patrol needs.

Kurt

Is it 16 or did he leave out the .5? I wasn't sure if an 16" wheel can fit with the geared hub, there's so little clearance as it is with 16.5"

Expendable

Is it 16 or did he leave out the .5? I wasn't sure if an 16" wheel can fit with the geared hub, there's so little clearance as it is with 16.5"

with Stock offset I don't think there is enough clearance but these Hutchinsons have more offset than Hutchinsons for Hummers/Humvees.

kflips

Added a few mods

Rack for the spare tire (rubber duck)

Storage using military surplus medical storage boxes

Interior lighting

Cup holders and accurate speedometer

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 117

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Nice rack Mr. flips!

Where did you find the medical storage crates. I likely!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint