• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello from Greensboro NC with H3 Hummer!

telemike

Hummer Enthusiast
Messages
466
Location
Greensboro, NC
Wife and I are picking up our 2007 Hummer H3 tommorow!

99k miles, ZM6 package.

Now to replace the mild Wild Country XRT's with something likea Cooper S/T MAXX


27979580174.331231541.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
 

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
:woot: More potential cust..., I mean H40 members!

With all the people joining the forums I got really high hopes to see H3 Hummers getting wheeled a lot more and hopefully we can start seriously competing with those mildly modified JK's.

PS Don't forget pictures tomorrow, well more of them I mean!
 

telemike

Hummer Enthusiast
Messages
466
Location
Greensboro, NC
Picking it up tomorrow! Sold the 2001 Nissan Frontier 4x4 crew cab. Bought for 8900 three years ago and sold it for 6400

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Welcome to the forum & congratulations on your new ride! Any mods planned in the immediate future and what types of things do you like do do with your off-road rigs?
 

telemike

Hummer Enthusiast
Messages
466
Location
Greensboro, NC
Welcome to the forum & congratulations on your new ride! Any mods planned in the immediate future and what types of things do you like do do with your off-road rigs?

Going to replace the Wild Country XRT tires with some more aggresive tires like a Cooper ST/Maxx, Kelly TSR or Goodyear Duratrac. Wife and I are going to make a list of upgrades we plan on doing soon.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Sounds like you and your wife are going to have some fun coming up with your list!

As far as tires go, & I'm sure you already know, the "best" tire depends on what type of terrain and driving conditions you will encounter or like to drive on and then trying to find one that falls within the price range you are willing to spend on them (that is usually the hard part). I hear that the Cooper ST/Maxx & Kelly TSR are both good tires. I have a set of 285 Duratracs on my H3T. IMO, it's an excellent all around tire for an H3, tough to beat on snow and ice and has a long tread life.
 

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
Going to replace the Wild Country XRT tires with some more aggresive tires like a Cooper ST/Maxx, Kelly TSR or Goodyear Duratrac. Wife and I are going to make a list of upgrades we plan on doing soon.

Making List is so much fun, here's mine.

1. Buy 35 inch General Grabbers
2. Crank Torsion Bars for 1.25" of lift in the front
3. Bolt on my longer H3 Shackles (Just finishing designing my own)
4. Do Steps 1-3 all at once then Alignment
5. Finish my Solid Aluminum Skip Plate, From the front all the way back to the transfer case (Imagine becoming a boat in deep mud or snow)
6. RCV Hummer H3 Ultimate High Strength CV Joint for front driveshafts
7. Finish my Hi-Lift / CB Antenna Rear Door mount Design
8. Deflice Off-Road Winch Bumper with Wireless Warn VR8000s

And that is pretty much it for right now, and I'm not sure if the order really means anything except for 1-4.
 
Top