• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello from Dubai

OmarOHelmy

Member
Messages
21
Location
Dubai, UAE
Hi everyone,
Amazing Forum, have been following for a while. I have a 2006 Hummer, bought it new, have been off-roading it since then, here in Dubai. Dune bashing, rock crawling, wadi tracks...etc everything that can be done here.

I love my car, it has never given me any real trouble, even though I learned off-roading in it the hard way.

When I first bought it, I used to get stuck in the sand all the time, I was totally dissapointed. But now I learned how to use the H3, mine is very under-powered (horrible 3.5L engine) Which I'm hoping to replace in the future. But I learnt how to deal with the H3s weaknesses and harness the potential. Rarely get stuck now and I even give lessons...

Anyway, the car is getting old now, so I'm learning how to do dome basic repair myself. Getting parts here is not easy and expensive, So I try to do a lot of research and find the best parts online.

Anyway, great to be part of this.


Regards
Omar Helmy
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Welcome. Glad to have you join us. How many HUMMERS would you guess are in Dubai?
 

SuperBuickGuy

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,403
Location
Woodinville, WA
I struggled with my H3, too, when I first wheeled it. I had an old Chevy truck (1983) that I rarely got stuck in, and I was really disappointed in the H3 until I got a grip on how the various traction control systems work (that and cooked the brakes once) - now it's rare that I cannot go where I want to go - much to the chagrin of the people who were giving me grief at the start. To say I've made them eat their words would be an understatement :giggle:
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,530
Location
Central Texas
We haven't wheeled our H3 much in the last few years but I know we have surprised a lot of people with what it would do, including some H1 owners. The H3 with the Adventure Pkg option is a nice combination of capability and comfort in a great size.
 
Top