• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello Folks

Big R

Member
Messages
22
Location
Tennessee
I'm new to the world of Hummers, just purchased a 03 H2 a few months back. So far I am loving it, not made it to the trails yet but hopefully I can hit some easy trails at windrock here soon. Here's a few pics...

009-4.jpg

010-2.jpg




She is all stock, I have added a third roll seat, flowmasters, and weathertech floor mats. Hopefully I can find some U steps soon so the wife will quit complaining. Also wan't too black out all the chrome in the next few months.....
 

kflips

Well-Known Member
Messages
776
Location
Virginia
welcome, be sure to check the H2 section & get input on prep for offroading.

From what part of Tennessee do you hail?
 

Trekker

That Guy
Messages
217
Location
Olathe, KS
Welcome to H4O! I love Desert Sand H2s! :thumbs: Occasionally someone will find a set of U-steps on Craigslist and post up the link. Just keep checking back.
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
Welcome aboard! That's a somewhat rare color you've got there. Very nice! :cheers:
 

Big R

Member
Messages
22
Location
Tennessee
Welcome to H4O from So Cal.

You may want to consider upgrading the stock tie rods and or carry spares.

I just had a front end alignment and tonight leaving the drug store the front end popped real loud twice when turning full lock to the left, wonder if that had something to do with the tie rods? Also what brand do you all recomend with the stock suspension?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everybody.... :)
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
Welcome! Timgco, Tomp and Rugged (and others) should definitely have some good input for you on the H2 front end maintenance and upgrades.
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Welcome to H4O! That is one nice looking rig!

I am sure you will find a plethora of information here for your latest acquisition. I do not own an H2 but I think the guidelines are pretty much the same. Carry spares for the parts that are likely to break when wheeling (tierods, halfshaft) along with the tools to change them. Safety equipment is a must (fist aid kit, fire extinguisher) along with basic recovery gear (recovery strap, d-ring shackles, HiLift Jack). You may not need to invest in all of this prior though.
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking 2! :thumbs:

I am running the rare parts tie rods and am very happy with them. Personally, I would stay away from the Cognito or Fabtech tie rods. Had the Cognito's and they wore out within a year
 
Last edited:

Big R

Member
Messages
22
Location
Tennessee
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking 2! :thumbs:

I am running the rare parts tie rods and am very happy with them. Personally, I would stay away from the Cognito or Fabtech tie rods. Had the Cognito's and they wore out within a year

Can I use them with a stock suspension? I have not decided if I wan't to lift it yet.

Nice to see a pic of one getting used the right way, Yours looks awesome....


Thanks again everybody....
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
You can use them with the stock suspension. I am running the Cognito upper control arm kit to level out the front end.
 

Big R

Member
Messages
22
Location
Tennessee
You can use them with the stock suspension. I am running the Cognito upper control arm kit to level out the front end.

I thought yours was lifted, I would love to level mine, does it hurt the ride any? I remember back in 1994 I had a 93 Chevy z71 and someone told me to crank up the torsion bars to get the level'd out look and when I did it rode like a log wagon. I went and bought a 4" lift for it the next day...lol
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
No lift on mine, just the Cognito upper control arms and the 37's. Still rides like it did when it was stock.
 
Top