• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello everyone...

LuxHummerTwins

Probationary Member
Messages
3
Location
United States
I bought my first H2 in 2008, a 2006 H2 Lux edition, slate blue, every option you could want on a car and my wife stole it from me! So in 2010 I bought a 2007 H2 SUT Lux edition, also in slate blue, hence the 'twins'.

The 2006 has had both air bags in the back replaced, new shocks/struts installed, and drilled/slotted rotors installed all the way around. I also had to replace the front wheel bearings. I fabricated a stud for the end of the transmission cable when the plastic washer broke (the SUT's broke almost 1 year to the day afterward and got the same repair). The 2006 has just passed 70k miles and the 2007 has just over 40k miles.

I picked up a copy of the 2007 shop manual set off ebay so I can work on these until they can't be fixed anymore.
 

Jeff0115

Member
Messages
11
Location
San Diego
Welcome from San Diego . I have a Slate blue Hummer too. You come around this way and the twins will meet their cousin. Cheers!
 

LuxHummerTwins

Probationary Member
Messages
3
Location
United States
I'll get the twins together and snap a few pics. I just finished putting an aftermarket stereo (Kenwood DNN-990HD) in the '06 a couple hours ago. Took tons of research and fitting it was a PITA. The GMOS-100 adapter sits nicely on top of the installed radio between the vent tubes. I added the XM adapter and back-up camera. I put the GPS antenna on the dash up against the windshield and the microphone in the valley between the center console and the instrument cluster.

 
Top