• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O SoCal Events - Mark Your Calendar

Where should we have the SoCal Meet-N-Greet on November 19th?

• Lucielle's - Lake Forest

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Dave & Busters - Irvine (Irvine Spectrum)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yard House - Irvine (Irvine Spectrum)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • BJs - Laguna Hills

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cbetts

NERD!!!
Don't change the Black Friday run. I already downloaded the topo maps on Locus Pro!

Black Friday is locked in! I personally want to be out of town for the shopping madness. The only thing I didn''t think through is that I will be driving by some of the largest malls to get there. I hope traffic cooperates!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will most likely be in Texas for that weekend but I am sure the trails will be clear. Consider yourselves lucky you aren't going to be holding the wife's shopping bags in a Nordstrom's while she shops her shoes off.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I put in a time off request last night. I really want to make this run!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kurt

I could lead part of anza borrego but I've only done the bif steep hill climbs ne of the ranger station, the mud domes and parts of the canyons on the north side... I've recorded a few routes on my laptop gps we did it with an h1 and a h3t. Question is how much time do we have for that run... The distance for me would definitely make it an overnight run for me.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I throw in YARD HOUSE at the Irvine Spectrum .. lots of seating options, good food, and of course a few beer choices ;)

Yard House is a great choice. I used to go there with friends when I lived in Irvine.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I go to the Yardhouse in Fashion Island for lunch quite often. Pretty good food and a never ending selection of beer. I am not in the try every one club so having 165 different beers isn't quite the attraction for me that it is for some. I have only been to the Yardhouse at the Spectrum once. Don't even remember how it was laid out. Guess that could mean it was a really good time.:)

cbetts

NERD!!!
Well, I guess it is time for a poll then! Here are the suggestions so far:
  • Lucielle's - Lake Forest
  • Dave & Busters - Irvine (Irvine Spectrum)
  • Yard House - Irvine (Irvine Spectrum)
Any other to be included in the poll?

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
BJs could be another option. If you call ahead, you can organize a big tables for large groups. There quite a few around.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Black Friday is locked in! I personally want to be out of town for the shopping madness. The only thing I didn''t think through is that I will be driving by some of the largest malls to get there. I hope traffic cooperates!

OMG one year I drove through Cabazon on the I-10 past the outlet malls on Black Friday and the traffic jam was terrible. The off ramps were backed up on to the freeway and blocking all lanes. I'd never seen a worse traffic jam. I was certain there had to be multiple fatalities. As soon as we got past the outlet malls it was wide open. Fortunately Cleghorn doesn't require going through Cabazon.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Unless you're coming from Arizona!

Wouldn't you drive over the night before? You would need to hit the road at ~4:00 AM.

The bad traffic will be on the East bound 10, since the majority of the cars will be coming from further West. You should be OK. I'd stay far to the left and key an eye open for sudden braking.

mudbug

trail blazer
I should be there for the MnG, but I will be in Texas for t-giving and Anza Borrego would probably be a maybe for me. Keep the good runs coming fellows

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Great to hear from you scooter!

Craig, The MnG I cant make because I have some big projects coming up that are due so I will probably be spending some time on those during the weekend. Cleghorn is a maybe and the time off request is in and Anza is a probably not. The last day of class is the 8th but at that time work will be busy and I will probably get full time shifts once school is out. I hope I can revisit cleghorn its a fun trail and I want to meet the the new so cal members that are attending, alrock and BU

Sierra H3

SoCal Events

Is the MnG a family type event or mostly for the members themselves?:party:I would like to vote, but wouldn't be of much help as the only Orange County eateries that I know are in San Juan Capistrano due to friends living there. I will be out of town the week of the Cleghorn trip. However, may be interested in the Anza Borego run - I used to live down that way in San Diego.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Is the MnG a family type event or mostly for the members themselves?:party:I would like to vote, but wouldn't be of much help as the only Orange County eateries that I know are in San Juan Capistrano due to friends living there. I will be out of town the week of the Cleghorn trip. However, may be interested in the Anza Borego run - I used to live down that way in San Diego.

Definitely a family event! This is a good time for the spouse/partner and children to meet the other members and put a face to the name.

MECH Mike

:horns:I'm back! I had all kinds of problems with my H3T lately after the accident. $5200 of accident repairs done, including new bumpers, grill, 2 tie rods inner and outer. just got it back today from Weseloh Chev/Kia had a problem with traction control they replaced the "F" module and transfer case shift control motor with an updated one. Got my $500 deductable back from Geico and fixed the two flat BFG 315's MT. Weseloh has a new stereo on order for me because the rear door speakers were only working sometimes.