• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O Event - Last Chance Canyon - October 22nd, 2011

Kurt

How do you do that?

You need a prybar like a long one a few feet long with a big Handle, Sears sells them for $20-30.

You jack up the corner or end of the truck then you insert the pry handle between the geared hub and the control arm and give it a yank to see if theres any give on the ball joint, you do the same on the upper. If there's no play, you are good, if there's a little play you should swap it out.

The manual states something like 1/16" of movement is acceptable, but I usually find the two extremes is more common, either no movement or a 1/4" of play. You can also grab the wheel while jacked up in the air at the 3 and 9 o'clock position and give it a good shake, this will also test the joints in the tie and radius arms.

I should throw a video up on the tubes to show how to do this, i got a good one from Tustin showing a really bad ball joint gone on an Alpha.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
We won't be hearing Ellen screaming this time.

Awh, that's the best part!

I'll be driving solo, but I'm convoying with Craig's friend Craig. If anybody else wants to join up, I be leaving Silverado ~5:45 AM and driving the 241, 91, 15, 395 and Redrock Randsburg Rd. My google maps trip time is 3 hr 3 min so allowing 42 minutes to meet up with Craig, top off the gas tank and drain the bladder we should be at the trail head by 9:30.

Kurt

No extra vehicles in my party, I'll have 2-3 people with me and that's it. I'll be leaving burbank at 6:15 and heading to Santa Clarita to pick up one friend then off to the Mc Donalds.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
See u all at 7 30 my sister won't be tagging along, something came up. I will be bringing the dogs if thats ok

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
made it home safe guys, What a fun day! The trail was great and had plenty of laughs. I am also glad the pups made it home safely from there first H4O run. Cant wait for the next trip!
Craig almost nailed a coyote on the way home but luckily missed it.

Btw Zach I made sure to get a nice pink bow for my hair, molly and I can match now. :):foff:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Made it home shortly after midnight last night, but I was too tired to boot up the PC and post.

Zach

Mall Crawler
A few pics from the run. More to come once the trip report is posted.
DSC00666.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00709.jpg