• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O Event - Cleghorn & 2N17X

cbetts

NERD!!!
Only two trucks continued with us up 2N17X. I had quite a few challenges as the leader on this trail. Just the entry to this road gives you a feel of what is to come.

As night few, things got interesting. I got a few good glamor shots with my WalMart special camera

As usual, All my pics can be viewed here: :link:

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The 2N17X video, shot with LG Revolution phone (dash cam) and iPhone 4S (perspective cam - bumper, fenders, handheld, etc.)

While both shoot 720p the iPhone 4S is the clear winner as it shoots at 30 fps vs. 15 fps for the LG.
[video=youtube_share;mcUYK1mnWWo]http://youtu.be/mcUYK1mnWWo[/video]

cbetts

NERD!!!
Great photos and videos!! I want to go run 2N17X again......

Me too! I think there were some good lessons learned here. I will not combine these trails into a one day run again. There were some good optional runs on the trail we came down from 2N17X that looked entertaining. I also wanted to try some more of the optional runs on Cleghorn (except pucker hill, that looked too extreme for me). I well certainly put these two trails in the agenda for next year.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Nice video alrock!

I really want to run 2N17X next time. I ran it last year with you guys and it was a blast...the off camber hills really get your heart rate going.

JonBishop

Great pics Craig!!! an awesome Vid Alex!!!!! Ya I'll definetly be attending the next cleghorn trip, an the next 2n17x trip I wanna try that out too

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Me too! I think there were some good lessons learned here. I will not combine these trails into a one day run again. There were some good optional runs on the trail we came down from 2N17X that looked entertaining. I also wanted to try some more of the optional runs on Cleghorn (except pucker hill, that looked too extreme for me). I well certainly put these two trails in the agenda for next year.

I agree, next time not doing both together. We missed a lot of off chutes of Ceghorn.

Great pictures and video so far. I know there were more cameras out there so there should be some more.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have done Cleghorn and 2N17X on the same day several times. It is a really fun day but 6-8 trucks makes it more easily doable.

Ron B

I agree, next time not doing both together. We missed a lot of off chutes of Ceghorn.

Great pictures and video so far. I know there were more cameras out there so there should be some more.

Both are fun trails and easily doable in a day. I cannot stress how much faster it is with smaller groups. Large groups are fun, but painfully slow so if you have more than 7 or 8 trucks then you know you are going to have a long day. There were probably several spots that ate up time with spotting...after a few more runs the newer wheelers will require less and less spotting really speeding things up as well.

H3-ING

AdventureTime
Another fun run at Cleghorn/2N17X!
Here are a few pics That Josh and I had.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c9.jpg

c10.jpg

Fish

Looks like a fun run, hopefully I can make it next time. I'v yet to run those trails.

And good to hear positive reviews of the iphone 4S, I just ordered it today..switching over from the droid