• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3T H3T Grey import vehicle

mikesonline

I love this forum and I read it every time there is a new post. I've watched tons of YouTube video's on the Hummers as well. I've been looking to buy a H3T for a while now. Was hoping one would show up locally with the configuration I want, but haven't had any luck. So I guess I'm going to have to travel to get what I want. I've got a couple of questions though. I've seen H3T's for sale that have been imported from Canada. Are they the same truck that was for sale here in the USA? What concerns should I have about "Grey import vehicles" as they are called when you import a car / truck from Canada to the USA? I know it has to be checked for rust, but is there anything else? Also is there any reason to favor a 2010 H3T over a 2009 H3T? The only difference I know of other than production numbers is the Flex Fuel Engine in the Alpha version of the 2010 model. I know the 2009 Alpha supported Automotive Performance Tuning chips like Superchips, but I haven't seen any Automotive Performance Tuning chips for the 2010 Alpha model. Does anybody know of any Automotive Performance Tuning chips for the 2010 Alpha model? Is there anything else unique about the 2010 H3T's worth considering?

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Basically a 2010 h3t is the same thing as an 09 just made a year later. Itll have the newest parts and theoretically have the longest time from until stuff needs to be repaired or worked on...in theory, but that depends on its driving history. Can't speak about the import but i would assume the USA version is basically the same, probably just a vin difference to note that it was sold in Canada.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are some differences between US and Canadian DOT requirements. I am not clear on what the differences are but there are some. I know in exotic cars grey market vehicles that have been made DOT compliant did not bring the same money as the made for import cars.

SedonaBound

Check with a US customs broker. Seems to me several US members here have bought Canadian H3s and I don't recall any horror stories.

Kurt

I've looked at Canadian H3T's since I'm stuck up here until spring.

They're the same as the US trucks, made in Louisiana, the only difference in regards to Canadian MOT vs US DOT is a Daytime running lights module which may already be stock on the US H3T's, and the trucks Speedo being KPH on the outer ring and MPH on the inner ring with the mileage in KM.

Other than that, same truck, and given the exchange rate, there's deals to be had in Canada. Hummers are a NAFTA item [US made] so there is no duty for importing. You'll just need to have the title to import and send to the border services 3 business days in advance so they can pre-clear the truck to make sure the VIN is clean. After that you'll have to pay tax/fees depending on the state.

I'm thinking of coming back down to the US with a H3 or H3T once I wrap up work here.

RamRod

I've looked at Canadian H3T's since I'm stuck up here until spring.

They're the same as the US trucks, made in Louisiana, the only difference in regards to Canadian MOT vs US DOT is a Daytime running lights module which may already be stock on the US H3T's, and the trucks Speedo being KPH on the outer ring and MPH on the inner ring with the mileage in KM.

Other than that, same truck, and given the exchange rate, there's deals to be had in Canada. Hummers are a NAFTA item [US made] so there is no duty for importing. You'll just need to have the title to import and send to the border services 3 business days in advance so they can pre-clear the truck to make sure the VIN is clean. After that you'll have to pay tax/fees depending on the state.

I'm thinking of coming back down to the US with a H3 or H3T once I wrap up work here.
What part of the country are you in again?

If I remember right your in Vancouver area?

I am just in Victoria, I will know more by the weekend but looks like I just bought a house and will be selling my H3T.

Let me know if your interested

mikesonline

Well I may just have a 09 Canada in H3T up for sale soon... a Supercharged Alpha Adventure...

A Supercharged Alpha Adventure sounds like a great truck! I would love to hear more, although I don't live anywhere near Canada. I'm in Nashville. I was really inquiring about one that had already been imported from Canada in my original post.

Last edited:

2010H3TAlpha

What part of the country are you in again?

If I remember right your in Vancouver area?

I am just in Victoria, I will know more by the weekend but looks like I just bought a house and will be selling my H3T.

Let me know if your interested

Wow, what rig is next for you?