• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 from Socal.

H3HummerLineX

Well-Known Member
Messages
357
Location
SoCal, Chatsworth
Hello all.

New to the forums and looking or some local SoCal guys to hang and wheel with.

Iv had my H3 since fathers day 2014, and it was bone stock when I got it.. HELP!! I cant stop lol
 
Last edited:

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
Welcome to H4O and welcome to the SOCal Chapter. Got any pics of your rig and what have you done to it so far ?


Torres
 

H3HummerLineX

Well-Known Member
Messages
357
Location
SoCal, Chatsworth
Here is the list iv done...
2007 H3 I5 Auto, State Blue Metallic W/LineX Fenders and grill, Scan Gauge II, Air Raid intake, Cat back exhaust with series 40 flow master, 35" Kumo road venture MT, 17" Ultra Motorsports Rogue Wheels,
2.5 Torsion key lift, 5160 Bilstein reservoir shocks, 2" shackle rear lift. 5165 Bilstein reservoir shocks,
CURT extended roof rack, Hi-Lift jack, 35" Cree light bar, 8" Cree rear top light, 3x3" Cree Pillar lights.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3469.JPG
    IMG_3469.JPG
    513.7 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 318
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_3429.JPG
    IMG_3429.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_3566.JPG
    IMG_3566.JPG
    456.3 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Bananatank

Well-Known Member
Messages
731
Location
Hammond,la
Here is the list iv done...
2007 H3 I5 Auto, State Blue Metallic W/LineX Fenders and grill, Scan Gauge II, Air Raid intake, Cat back exhaust with series 40 flow master, 35" Kumo road venture MT, 17" Ultra Motorsports Rogue Wheels,
2.5 Torsion key lift, 5160 Bilstein reservoir shocks, 2" shackle rear lift. 5165 Bilstein reservoir shocks,
CURT extended roof rack, Hi-Lift jack, 35" Cree light bar, 8" Cree rear top light, 3x3" Cree Pillar lights.

Oh wow dude that is one fine h3!!! I love your tires and it looks like its sitting really high as well! Welcome[emoji106]
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
06 H3 is probably going to put something together soon, well maybe. I've got some issues to take care of with my rig, plus tires. But, have some other priorities ahead of that right now.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Work has been giving me some more weekends off lately which is awesome. I have a few more things to rap up on the hummer then do some local wheeling before I start leading a bigger group down some trails. I gotta order some new tires, after 5 duratracs being killed offroad I dont trust them.

We will get wheeling soon!
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Greetings and welcome! I am putting my truck in the shop today to have the front suspension rebuilt so we should be getting some runs planned soon. Chris (06 H3) shot an idea of what looks like quite a challenge. I think I want to run something simpler as a test before tackling something challenging. Keep an eye on the West forum section for future posts on SoCal runs.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
What did it cost you to do a solid front axle if you don't mind me asking???

Bought a fully built Dana 44 1k
Thor parts hubs for ABS $350-400? I gotta go back and check I forgot.
Coil springs free from my brothers JK until I swapped em for bronco springs $150
Shocks- I spent $150 I found a place selling bilsteins cheap
Steering box-$150 ebay box used with 100k on it. its going out but it beats buy a box new and paying $250 for a damn core. Now I have a core for a new box.
Bracketry-$400ish (lots of random brackets)
Power steering lines and adapters- $100ish
Johnny joints for link mounts-$350
DOM tubing- $100
Tie rod and drag link-$240
track bar tubing and heim joints-$140
Brakelines- $70 (Normally more but I only bought front two, had the rears)


Now that I have the bulk of the work done I can slowly add stuff. I want badass King shocks one day. I will add em but there was no way I could add em now, too much $. Air bumps (good for high speed) I can add later and replace the bumpstops I am putting on now. Add ram assist later. I did it as cheap as I could without taking shortcuts and regretting it later.

Then I sold some parts that helped. I also slowly bought parts since january. Maybe once a paycheck or two just slowly adding to the pile.

I also desperately need a front end rebuild so I was planning on dropping some money on that so I just jumped the gun and did the SAS. New rack, hubs, shocks, bushings, etc. It probably would of been 500-1000 so that helped.

Lastly, labor. Labor would be more then all the parts.
 
Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Bought a fully built Dana 44 1k
Thor parts hubs for ABS $350-400? I gotta go back and check I forgot.
Coil springs free from my brothers JK until I swapped em for bronco springs $150
Shocks- I spent $150 I found a place selling bilsteins cheap
Steering box-$150 ebay box used with 100k on it. its going out but it beats buy a box new and paying $250 for a damn core. Now I have a core for a new box.
Bracketry-$400ish (lots of random brackets)
Power steering lines and adapters- $100ish
Johnny joints for link mounts-$350
DOM tubing- $100
Tie rod and drag link-$240
track bar tubing and heim joints-$140
Brakelines- $70 (Normally more but I only bought front two, had the rears)


Now that I have the bulk of the work done I can slowly add stuff. I want badass King shocks one day. I will add em but there was no way I could add em now, too much $. Air bumps (good for high speed) I can add later and replace the bumpstops I am putting on now. Add ram assist later. I did it as cheap as I could without taking shortcuts and regretting it later.

Then I sold some parts that helped. I also slowly bought parts since january. Maybe once a paycheck or two just slowly adding to the pile.

I also desperately need a front end rebuild so I was planning on dropping some money on that so I just jumped the gun and did the SAS. New rack, hubs, shocks, bushings, etc. It probably would of been 500-1000 so that helped.

Lastly, labor. Labor would be more then all the parts.


Don't forget about the bloody fingers and knuckles and the ahhhh ****!
 
Top