• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

gear lights move

benjoycei

Probationary Member
2007 H3 - When I turn off the ignition and put it in park, in a second the gear light moves to the 3rd gear position. It causes the warning chime to continue until the battery dies. Any ideas on what the problem is?

benjoycei

Probationary Member
That's when it happens. New problem: while it is shifting back and forth between gear lights, the door locks lock and unlock. Kills battery.

rascole

Miss read you question. Sounds like a gremlin that may have to do with the battery terminals. Notorious for causing electrical issues. Clean battery posts and install new terminals. Cures most problems.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
When you put it in Park, is the vehicle actually in Park? Meaning, you can't drive and the vehicle won't roll? When it shows in Neutral, is it actually in any gear? And when you say back and forth between "gear lights" can you be more specific? Do the doors lock and unlock with any movement, i.e. from P to R, from R to N, from N to D, D to 3, 3 to 2 and 2 to 1? And in the other direction, i.e. 1 to 2, etc.?

Happy Hummer

Ok! Lol! I'll bite.

Some basic information first please????

Have you actually verified your in park?
Have you checked each door switch to make certain they're all fully functional? (i.e. checked with ohm meter or continuity test)
Have you verified that the sunroof drain isn't leaking on your BCM (if applicable) as this would certainly wreak havoc?
Have you verified or done any factual, actual testing of any kind???
Because just saying a light is incorrect means zip.
It is either in park, n, drive etc. or not.