• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Ford Raptor?

RamRod

I would go with the power wagon over the raptor if youre looking at a truck

Dodge has really gone up in my books as of lately!

My brother just bought a 2014 1500 Hemi and it's got a great interrior, good power and loaded for an unbeatable price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edwin

cd1854c1bea47d4d4dd9e7c4378286b1.jpg
this is my fathers raptor can't complain about this thing it's a beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amrg

The prices for brand new raptors have gone up in this region due to increase in demand, 80K USD and I see them everywhere. Its a great truck for my type of wheelin, desert n dunes, and everyone seems to buy them for that purpose!

Big2dabank

I would hold out on your H2, not sure why you have such bad luck with them, but its a gem worth keeping because they simply don't make them anymore and they will continue to make a statement. Mine has been bulletproof for 187K miles, sure its 10 years old, this month in fact, and has been beat on pretty hard, has lots of rattles, dents, dings, scratches, etc.. but the damn thing always does what I ask and it does it in style. I do however keep up with all of my maintenance.

If you are seriously considering another vehicle, I second the idea of a Dodge Power Wagon versus the Ford Raptor. One of my camping buddies has the latest generation and all I have to say is dayum, dodge pulled out all the stops with that one. Its very well put together package. That would be my top choice when I stop using my H2 as a daily driver and retire it to trail duty and cruising. The power wagon just feels like a more mature manly truck than the raptor, which feels young and juvenile to me and still needs time to mature. Just my opinion and not meant to stress anyone one of you guys who have a raptor, I think they are definitely cool, but they are simply not for me.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
My take on the HUMMER: If you're on the fence, keep it. It's going to be harder to replace down the road if you want another one. I look every month for low mile H1,2, and 3's. They are getting very hard to come by @ a good price.

Most I find locally have not been taken care. I honestly look for the ones that are stock and 1 owner only. It's easier to look up maint records that way. It can be frustrating to deal with some service advisers and that may play into keeping. If you have a great relationship with XYZ dealer, it makes things easy. If not, it can be the breaking point and push you into another truck.

I have experience with the Raptor as well. They do well Off Road and traction is great on them. It's not going to wheel like your HUMMER though. The wheelbase is much harder to navigate on trails with that breakover and departure angle. Reliability was good on mine and there is aftermarket support available. Don't plan on hauling anything heavy with it without swapping out the rear springs to Deavers or Nationals. You can fit 37's, but to do it properly, it takes glass fenders up front and extending bump stops.

Last edited:

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
If you are going to look at the Raptor and can you find one for a decent price, I'd say go for it. They are nice trucks. Just don't expect it to handle offroad like the H2's do. High speeds they are stable.
35" Toyos, Perch Adj up front to level it out, winch plate, Warn VR 10 Winch. It did well in Moab but would have pushed a little harder if I had non-stock bumpers, skids, and rock rails. As a daily driver, I liked it. 11-13 mpg's.

Last edited:

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Drive the Power Wagon too. They are hard to find though. ...esp if you want one with the Laramie package.
Stock height, 35" Toyo's:

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Hey Tim what year is your Power Wagon? How do you like it?
What's up buddy? Been a while! Hope all is well.

The PW is a '14 Laramie. I like it so far. My 1st Ram 2500 pickup. It rides rougher than what I normally drive, but after 4400 miles, it grows on me more each day. The Raptor was much smoother as a daily driver and a bit faster. Off road it's a different animal vs the Raptor. The solid axle up front gives it a different feel up front. It's like driving a really big JK offroad. ...if that makes sense. slower, I like how it flexes up front and prefer this feel over the Raptor. Faster speeds off road, I prefer the Raptor hands down!!! With my bike in the back of the Ram (roughly 550lbs) it handles that weight very well. I'll do another thread on it once I get into the build a little more. AEV is releasing some things for it.

mudbug

trail blazer
The Power Wagon Laramie adds leather seats, a premium audio system, Uconnect Access dual-zone A/C and woodgrain dash and door panels. On the outside, the extra features include body-colored fender flares, chrome-plated mirrors, bumpers and grille as well as unique badging.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/new-car-buying/ram/2500-power-wagon/#ixzz3Pwmf6JxZ

Thanks Tim, will enjoy to read a new build up.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Most of raptors around here are pre-runners. Frame cut off behind cab, ~22"of down travel rear ,~16 front. Curries rear end and list goes on and on. But these are upwards of $130k.

USMC_315

Like a few of you have already said, the Hummer is an endangered species and will be much harder to find in the future (one that's in good condition anyway). Probably will just stick with my beast and maybe add to my fleet in a couple of years.

Appreciate the input from everyone!