• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

El Paso night run

poncho1965

Did a trip tonight with the local jeep club. Goler Gulch and Mormon Gulch. Not far from where we usually go, got home about midnight. Nothing terribly challenging but it was fun to get out again, last time was in April I believe. Sorry no pics, had my cam but was too busy watching the DJI Phantom quadcoptor doing some night flying [emoji1] are we going to plan sleeping princess this year?

Mike

RamRod

I'll be doing an over night night run this Oct, looking forward to it as I have never done one before!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
My #1 recommendation for night runs are rock lights. When hitting technical portions of a trail and you need spotting all those lights up front do nothing but make it worse for the spotter. The best thing is turn em off and turn on the Rock lights. Go led because if you breakdown and need to wrench you can leave em on and light up your work area without worrying about the battery dying. I have halogen rock lights. They work great but draw power and kill the battery if I have the engine off. I plan to swap over. All4offroad has sets for under 100 bucks

cbetts

NERD!!!
I think LCC with Craig and Anthony was the longest one I ever did. Craig will remember that one. :)

Oh yeah! The night run that turned into a weekend run because I didn't have a spare tie rod with me. Great night though!

I would love to do a Laughlin run again but work is getting hectic. New regulations coming out from my customers with much stricter guidelines for all my computer systems. We are in the middle of re-architecting multiple standalone networks with 400+ systems on each.

What I wouldn't give to have five minutes in a room alone with Edward Snowden to knock the living **** out of him!