• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Disconnect the sensor plug and the vacuum hose on the throttle body... HOW...?

nelly27281

I may be sound stupid, but today while removing factory air box and resonator, I tried a lot to disconnect the sensor plug and the vacuum hose on the throttle body, but couldn't figured it out.

Please help me on this as I want to clean TB properly before installing AirDoc.

Thanks in advance...

Firesquirt

First off, I got the photo from Boerwarrior's post on throttle body and MAF cleaning. Just giving credit where it is due

The whit and grey portions of the connectors are locks, for the vacuum connector (white) squeeze in on the outside of the white part and push down and it will move and you will be able to remove the hose.
Fore sensor look at the side of the gray part and you will see a little tab, push it in and slide the gray part toward the front of the vehicle this will unlock the connector and you will be able to pull it off.

TBsensors.jpg

Attachments

• TBsensors.jpg
    TBsensors.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 3,716

nelly27281

First off, I got the photo from Boerwarrior's post on throttle body and MAF cleaning. Just giving credit where it is due

The whit and grey portions of the connectors are locks, for the vacuum connector (white) squeeze in on the outside of the white part and push down and it will move and you will be able to remove the hose.
Fore sensor look at the side of the gray part and you will see a little tab, push it in and slide the gray part toward the front of the vehicle this will unlock the connector and you will be able to pull it off.

View attachment 9805

Thanks a lot Firesquirt...
I'll give it a shot tomorrow...

nelly27281

Finally, cleaning and AirDoc + AFE dry filter installation is done.
It was quiet easy to do. Easier than expected.
I must say, what a difference. Thanks guys for recommendation.

Abel

Probationary Member
Can the ‘white’ locking plastic be replaced?? I broke mine trying to pull hose off.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Wow, you dredge up an OLD thread! Doubt it. I'd secure with tape/zip ties if necessary

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JPaul

I couldn't find a replacement when I broke mine, fortunately the shop replaced the hose when they replaced the engine in it. You could use some stainless wire and just wrap it around where the clip would go, that should hold it on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

scoreh3

What alrock said, that’s been working on mine for years now with no issues. I left the broken piece in there to lock in the hose connector and zip tied it. Then for added security I taped it too.