• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Dakar 2012

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Day 4

Bad day for the Hummers. They got 14th (RG) and 16th. This drops them to 5th (RG) and 7th in the overall standings. :(

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Day 5

Hummers got 2nd (RG) and 11th. Brings them up to 4th (RG) and 8th in the overall standings.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Day 7

Hummers got 1st and 2nd (RG)!!!!!!!!!!

That puts them 3rd (RG) and 6th overall. They're slowly creeping back up in the overall standings. Robby is 13.09 mins behind the leader.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Day 8

Hummers get 2nd (RG) and 5th putting them 2nd (RG) and 6th overall.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Day 9

Robby Gordon took the stage!!!!! The rest of the cars aren't in, so I don't know how the other Hummer finished nor the overall standings. Will keep you posted.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mikkel where GM is concerned you can't be subtle, they are too thick to understand things when hit in the face with them.:)

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Second Hummer (Al-Attiyah) seems to be out. Broke an alternator belt. Not that had to have a spare taped to the roll cage. :( They say he's withdrawn, but then I can't find him on the withdrawals list.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Seems like an alternator belt would be something easy enough to quickly replace and keep going? Haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hunner

Having been on the builder and pit crew side of these situations, it "could be" what we called the "pretty boy driver" syndrome. I don't know all the details in this case and would not assume that is what it was. Sometimes drivers fly in, get in the left seat and do their thing without hands on training in situations like this and fly out when the ride is broke. I mean come on, I carry a spare belt! After an investment like they have to get there, why not be ready for this.
I could be more involved than we know about. Like uh, idler pulley and tensioner, which I carry now, was shot. I don't have access to helicopter pickup in BFE or in this case Dakar.
Is that the one from Dubai or Quatar?
Is he a prince?

Last edited: