• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

compass in mirror has suddenly gone almost invisible. '10 adventure.

650Hawk

Check the headlight ambient light sensor on the right side of your dash. If there's something blocking it, the system will think it's dark out and will dim your display.

Grey poupon

Thank you. I don't see anything blocking it, and it's clean. The display in the mirror is there but too weak to see. I could use it now too - I'm visiting my son in a strange city that's hard to find my way around in. Lol.

650Hawk

Yeah, sorry; my bad. I double checked on mine, and the light sensor has no effect on the mirror display. Try unplugging the connector on the back and spraying the plug with CRC contact cleaner and re-installing.

Grey poupon

Thank you for that. I unplugged it and it brightenend right up. went dull again, but one more unplugging and its been good for weeks now. I have some spray stuff i will put on it. Nice to have it back!

Jeepwalker

If it comes back and goes dim again, you might wiggle the associated fuses. Also wouldn't hurt to check the ground below the driver's feet on the floor. Mine, the connector was completely rusted off. Make sure the battery cable connections are extra-clean.