• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Back Road to Crown King - Sunday, 4/27

H3ATH3N

Open invite for any joiner's on the back road to CK - I see it's close to the MOAB trip, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I haven't done many difficult trails and currently will be wheeling with an over-ambitious (and confident) Jeeper - - I would love some experienced H3'ers along that can advise me on the strengths/weaknesses of my rig (and my skill level). Thoughts?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The Backway to Crown King is mostly a mild trail now. A base H3 will have no problem on it. I think there's only one or two spots on the trail where 4 low is required now.

There are, however, a few optional side tracks ranging from 10 yards long to 100 yards that vary in intensity. Some are pretty straightforward and fun; one of them is really rough now and will challenge anything but the more hardcore vehicles out there. You can always get out and walk to preview each section.

It's too early to say whether I can make it that day. I'll be back from Moab by that time but I probably won't know if I can make it until a day or two beforehand. It would be easier to do the next weekend - is that an option? Was talking to Reloader tonight and he echoed the availability.

H3ATH3N

Thanks for the feedback alrock - that eases my concerns a bit. Probably can't make it the following week as I'll probably be comatose on Sunday (got a gig Sat night and my aging body takes longer to recover than it used to). BUT - I'll see if my friend is up for waiting and if so, I may be able to nut up.