• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Any bodybuilders/lifters here?

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I swam all during high school and the stopped in school to basically just lift, now I'm back to swimming and throwing some lifting into the routine. I am lean. 6 foot at 165, rocking the 8 pack haha

derian06

Red Rockett
Already lifted today, now I have nothing to do until tomorrow

37b1f246f76e75508eae2b523b06b4c3.jpg

Last edited:

JonBishop

Going to the gym in about 45mins lol I tend to hit the gym 5-6times a week right after work mainly, gotta keep my body to its peak potential and keep my energy up so I can keep up with my 2yr old son haha gonna be doing some serious muscle building next month tho, so sore days are ahead of me for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derian06

Red Rockett
I just hit legs, i warmed up with a set of 135 on ass to grass squats. Moved up to 185 too easy, went to 225 hitting my butt against my ankles and holy freaking crap its been too long. Very, very, very slow reps they hurt bad. Did that for 3 more sets and I could only do 3 reps on the last one until my spotter had to help me (I still did 5). I've definitely lost alot of strength. But that was the first time in months i've done legs. After that I tried to do lunges with 40lbs dumbells, nope. 30lbs nope, 20lbs nope, 10lbs nope. No weight, nope. I can't even walk! Then I faced my worst enemy
97a5ecf6026f7db6309fa33351aabf71.jpg
i'm going to be sore tomorrow. But the gains are a coming. That 225 will be 275 in no time.

poweraidon

I wish I can do squats and dead lifts... I have a herniated disc from dead lifting with my football team [emoji24]

"I PICK THINGS UP AND I PUT THEM DOWN" lol, but seriously, I have actually been hitting the gym hard lately, more then ever, and have been getting some positive compliments that are making me even more excited to go to the gym. I do mostly calestitics, and free weights, and even when I have stopped working out for a while, nothing feels better then going back to the gym and working out. Your energy levels get a lot higher and longer, and you feel fit and better about yourself. Just make sure you take at least a daily vitamin, even if it's an all in one.

derian06

Red Rockett
"I PICK THINGS UP AND I PUT THEM DOWN" lol, but seriously, I have actually been hitting the gym hard lately, more then ever, and have been getting some positive compliments that are making me even more excited to go to the gym. I do mostly calestitics, and free weights, and even when I have stopped working out for a while, nothing feels better then going back to the gym and working out. Your energy levels get a lot higher and longer, and you feel fit and better about yourself. Just make sure you take at least a daily vitamin, even if it's an all in one.
I take an organic multi-vitamin along with some fish oils, pro-biotics, minerals, just the works.

derian06

Red Rockett
I wish I can do squats and dead lifts... I have a herniated disc from dead lifting with my football team [emoji24]

Everyone on the Wrestling team here had TERRIBLE form on everything. The only people that actually knew how to lift were me and my friends. We kept on telling them "don't curl your back" "you're bending your knees too far instead of sitting into your squat" and they didn't listen. Most of them suffered injuries and still don't lift properly, and aren't getting any stronger. Hopefully you just over-exerted yourself or had a mistake. I learned form over weight and stuck to it, so now i'm pretty solid on all of my lifts.

poweraidon

Everyone on the Wrestling team here had TERRIBLE form on everything. The only people that actually knew how to lift were me and my friends. We kept on telling them "don't curl your back" "you're bending your knees too far instead of sitting into your squat" and they didn't listen. Most of them suffered injuries and still don't lift properly, and aren't getting any stronger. Hopefully you just over-exerted yourself or had a mistake. I learned form over weight and stuck to it, so now i'm pretty solid on all of my lifts.

It happened when I was in middle school school... Back when I didn't know stuff about form and lifting

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
I prepared for and completed a Spartan Beast Race (12+ miles and 25+ obstacles laid out over two mountains) just before July. Lost three toenails and my feet were covered with blisters for months leading up to the race. Did a lot of Crossfit as I prepared.

Now that its over I'm glad I did it. Being 47 years old, it aint like it used to be, body doesn't heal like it did in my twenties. Still, all the effort is worth the investment.

6'2 210

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Spartan 2.jpg
    Spartan 2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Spartan.jpg
    Spartan.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

derian06

Red Rockett
I prepared for and completed a Spartan Beast Race (12+ miles and 25+ obstacles laid out over two mountains) just before July. Lost three toenails and my feet were covered with blisters for months leading up to the race. Did a lot of Crossfit as I prepared.

Now that its over I'm glad I did it. Being 47 years old, it aint like it used to be, body doesn't heal like it did in my twenties. Still, all the effort is worth the investment.

6'2 210

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice! Still a beast at 47, thats really something to be proud of!

mudbug

trail blazer
I used to lift weights after I graduated from high school I went from 169lbs to 199lbs but I never could hit 200lbs oh and I'm 6'1.
12 years later and a current broken ankle I have to lose weight so I am back working out so I am currently at 220lbs and my goal is 190 to 200lbs.

Humvdood

I broke my back when I was 23 and as a result spent a lot of time playing call of duty and drinking shiner bock.
I went from 6'1" 145 pounds to 5'11" 265 pounds within 2 years (the burst fracture shrunk me down).
I was addicted to morphine sulfate (legally) but I got tired of literally being a drug addict so I quit cold turkey.
Since I couldn't sleep from withdrawal and pain, I got a membership at a 24 hour gym near my house.

I'm 5'11" 195 pounds now. The wife loves it ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• difference.JPG
    difference.JPG
    620.4 KB · Views: 482

derian06

Red Rockett
I broke my back when I was 23 and as a result spent a lot of time playing call of duty and drinking shiner bock.
I went from 6'1" 145 pounds to 5'11" 265 pounds within 2 years (the burst fracture shrunk me down).
I was addicted to morphine sulfate (legally) but I got tired of literally being a drug addict so I quit cold turkey.
Since I couldn't sleep from withdrawal and pain, I got a membership at a 24 hour gym near my house.

I'm 5'11" 195 pounds now. The wife loves it ;)

attachment.php

Congratulations nice progress!

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I was pretty serious about the weight room in my football days, but ever since that ended I haven't really been back in it. It's something I really should get back into....just haven't had the drive to do it in a long time.

Posted via Integrated Brain Wave Chip

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hit the gym 4-5 times a week. My goals are different. I went from 6' 225# to 215#. Also started playing full court BB with the young guys. They are whipping me into shape pretty quickly.

RFG

Like the OP. I was a fatass. Made a life change in 03. Had 2 heart attacks in 11. Won a powerlifting comp in 12. Year to the day I was dead. Had another heart attack in 12. Heaviest fat weight was 270. Heaviest lean weight. 267. I'm 225 here.
ebe0ee437b2e79327b8d665a4065fe01.jpg