• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Add a Leaf Added 2.5" to my sagging Rancho rear end

reaper

After cranking my front t-bars (w/ Rancho lift), my front was 22" from the ground to the rock sliders and the rear was 19.5. I added the following Add-a-Leaf kit ($88) and now the front and rear are 22" to the rock sliders. :thumbs: No more sag, no more shackles clanking onto the frame... this gives you a cheap way to crank up your Rancho lifted truck with little effort. I ended up punting on the install, and paid Midas $99 to add them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2011-C...ories&fits=Model:Colorado&hash=item3a6e3caf74

I'd recommend this to all Rancho-lifted h3s, and anyone neededing a cheap 3" in the rear. Yeah, I know the spring-over is the ultimate... but that's beyond my means for now.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
those rancho springs are such piles of ****...glad they are sitting in my storage unit, all alone...by themselves...hopefully they are lonely...lol you get the point I dont like them very much.

Expendable

How does that kit affect ride quality? and does it affect the operation of the other leaf springs in normal use? hauling? Towing? Off Roading?

reaper

Well, it was AWESOME for like 1/8 of a mile before...
attachment.php

That was the end of the trail for me last weekend. But: it seems to just FIX the sagging Rancho rear springs, bringing it back how it SHOULD have been from Rancho. It rides great. A little stiffer than "stock" Rancho rears, but what it should be. Also I had an issue with the shackle clanging into the frame-- this fixes that. So yeah, if you have the Rancho, this is a no-brainer to correct it. Will have to wait another week for a trail report.