• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Actually new here :D

Trevon

Well I found the forum a few weeks ago in the early stages of my search for an H1.

In the military and currently deployed I really want to save most of my money for a decent payment on an H1 because I've always wanted one. Seeing some places for around ~$20,000 made it seem possible.

Joined here and confirmed that it is very possible. Many members already showed my 92-95's on their local craigslist'sesses in my price range.

Really want a Wagon but those seem to be the most expensive, so I would really like a 4 door, preferably with a hard top, but I am sure I would still be happy with a soft top or 2 door pickup.

As you can see in my signature I have a 1978 Trans Am that I was planning on making much more of a pro-touring build with my deployment money (suspension, brakes, wheels and tires upgraded to modern products, eventually an LS swap and T-56 or something similar) but decided I would much rather save for an H1 to make reliable and daily drive. I couldn't care less about gas mileage if I enjoy the car I drive. I can go through a tank (17 gallons) in my car in a couple hours when I go have some fun and it gets between 8-12mpg when I drive normal. Only frustrates me in my daily driver now (2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac). Will likeley be keeping that and insuring it in storage mode for if I need it.

From Wisconsin and currently call South Dakota home thanks to the Air Force but have seen a few other members on here that live near me.

And that's a bit about me, if you have any suggestions or would like to share some H1's for <~23,000 please do. I already know I will have to get a loan but wont have any other payments going on and still dream of an H1. As much as I enjoy looking at them I doubt I will make a purchase until February 2012 or maybe a little later. As I already have 2 cars I am in no rush and would rather save money and wait for the right one than blow my money on a really beat up K10 or something (no offense to anyone! I can't afford to restore two vehicles!). That being said when I am back to the states I will really want to get one as soon as possible but will have to hold back!

Glad to be here, seems to be the most active Hummer forum!

Trevon

Thanks, I check there quite a bit. Emailed him and he said to give him a call sometime and he'll see what he can come up with. Being a bit from a purchase and how difficult it is to make calls at the moment I may get around to that when I can.

LagunaH1

Welcome!

As others have said, take your time finding the truck that's right for you. There's lots of folks here with good knowledge and tons of experience who are more than willing to help.

MaxPF

AGNTSA
welcome2.gif