• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2009 adventure 35s?

Bigvern55

Probationary Member
I have a 2009 h3 adventure i can't decide on 33s or 35s. I don't want it shifting in and out of gears constantly on the highway. I've notice some of y'all have 35s how's the highway shift downs? I feel like it would bog down quite a bit

glpd74

When I had a 3 it had the 3.7 and no motor mods. With 35's acceleration was not bad. Cruising at 60 was okay and held unless hilly or good head wind. When 70 or up it was painful and you were better off leaving it in third. If I did it again I still would of went with 35's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jphh20

I have an 06' and love the 35s. I sent my PCM out to have my shift points changed and speedo recalibrated for 35s. The forum has tons of info about it, PCMforless does the upgrade and money well spent. I wouldn't use my 3.5L as a tow vehicle but does just fine for what I need.

Joe

Hopkins86

I have a 2009 h3 adventure i can't decide on 33s or 35s. I don't want it shifting in and out of gears constantly on the highway. I've notice some of y'all have 35s how's the highway shift downs? I feel like it would bog down quite a bit

I put 35s on mine and t did a lot of shifting but then I sent in my computer bit pcm of nc and they fixed my speedometer and change my shift points it was the best mod I've done besides the rancho lift and 20s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I have 35s and would go back to 33s if it was my daily driver, and keep 35s on for trail use. I do have the PCM tune but I don't think the 3.7 can keep up on the highway. If there's any headwind I cannot maintain 75 mph (speed limit out here) without the torque converter going in and out of lock. I can cruise about 72 mph with a light headwind, or 65 with a stronger headwind. Around the city it's fine. And I do have the PCM of NC tune on it.

It doesn't bother me too much. Heck, last December I took the H3 on a 6000 mile road trip and it's been on countless 2000 mile road trips. But if I had the need and the option, I'd have two sets of tires.

Texatl

I just recently put 35s (aka 315/75/16) BFG KO2s, and I don't notice a huge difference in highway performance with my 07Base 3.7L. YMMV- but some people feel it more than others.

GreatDaneHummer

Like many know here I have put on all types of tires on my H3, changing them like new shoes but a light weight 35" tire is not bad. I have done the PCM tune, air doc, full exhaust, new throttle body and all new spark plugs etc (tune up). With all this it drives pretty close to the same as 33" tires using 67 lbs 35's... When I change to a heavy tire 85 lbs 35.20" tires then you do noticeably still have down shifts and power issues. One thing I do to help out is get all the extra weight out of it when its not needed. Take out rear seats, remove the roof rack, take off the extra skid plates and even remove the spare tire if I am just local mall crawling. It helps a lot. It may not look at pretty but Lord knows it helps with the gas.

Hopkins86

Like many know here I have put on all types of tires on my H3, changing them like new shoes but a light weight 35" tire is not bad. I have done the PCM tune, air doc, full exhaust, new throttle body and all new spark plugs etc (tune up). With all this it drives pretty close to the same as 33" tires using 67 lbs 35's... When I change to a heavy tire 85 lbs 35.20" tires then you do noticeably still have down shifts and power issues. One thing I do to help out is get all the extra weight out of it when its not needed. Take out rear seats, remove the roof rack, take off the extra skid plates and even remove the spare tire if I am just local mall crawling. It helps a lot. It may not look at pretty but Lord knows it helps with the gas.

Hey where did you get a new throttle body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk