• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Northern VA Spring '14 Meet up?

mavrikjc

I've had some side chats with folks about a VA or regional meet up in April. Anybody else interested? These 68 degree days have me itching to be out on the trails!

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Rodzlla

Maybe a trip over to Red Cloud Off Road in Woodbridge, VA one Saturday? The local club I belong to has been there a few times and I am itching to check it out.

benlaud87

Never knew there was an orv park in Woodbridge. That's good to know. I live about 15 miles north of the Baltimore I-95 tunnel but that isn't too far

Rodzlla

It is relatively small, but there nonetheless. There is also a new offroad park opening out near Capon Bridge,WV (not far from The Cove in Gore).

mavrikjc

Sounds like there are some good options.

I did a run up to Flagpole Knob (Harrisonburg, VA area http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/vbwt/site.asp?trail=2&loop=MNR&site=MNR06) with some buds right before it got cold last fall and it was a BLAST. Whichever group gets to the top first picks the best campsite. There were some nice steps and a few pretty intense terrain features. I'd be down to do something like that again w/those who don't want to camp coming out in the AM and leaving in the PM and those interested in camping going out the next AM... Short YouTube Video of the trip below. Good times...

[video=youtube;b-kz1iwSsqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-kz1iwSsqo[/video]

Let's keep this thread ALIVE NOVA H4O wheelers! :woot:

How would the first, 3rd, or 4th weekend in April work for folks?

Option 1 - April 4-5
Option 2 - April 11-12
Option 3 - April 18-19
Option 4 - April 25-26

Let's try and settle on a weekend and then can work the location after we figure out which weekend most folks could accommodate.

kflips

i did flagpole in my hmmwv, narrow path up and back, I got lucky that no one was coming up or down once I passed the camping area at lake schwitzer (sp?) Look forward to hearing more on the Capon Bridge location Rodz

Rodzlla

Looks like we could do April 26 @ Red Cloud in Woodbridge. But they only admit 40 trucks a day so we'd need to get registered pretty quickly.

Rodzlla

i did flagpole in my hmmwv, narrow path up and back, I got lucky that no one was coming up or down once I passed the camping area at lake schwitzer (sp?) Look forward to hearing more on the Capon Bridge location Rodz
The Capon Bridge park is being run through Chaos Fabrication in Winchester. They are still cutting trails and conducting guide training. I wil let you know how things progress...

Hayden

Toyo M/T
I live in central va, but id be down to make a trip depending when/where. Been to Winchester a bunch times its only about 3 hours from the house

Rodzlla

Should have mentioned earlier that a group of Hummers from another forum are heading to Rausch Creek on April 11, 12, & 13. I am going up for Saturday.

Blake-O

I'd like to participate in April if you guys make a run. Cacapon Bridge is very close to my cabin up here in Morgan County WV. There is a trail going in??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mavrikjc

I just got schedule to be out of town for work the week of April 14th so that prior run to Rausch Creek is probably not in the cards for me since I have to leave on Sat.

I'm thinking maybe that weekend of the 26th sounds interesting w/e it's at Red Cloud, Flag Pole, etc.

Capon Bridge sounds interesting.

I'll say one thing though, I'll never again make the trip from DC to Cincinnati via US 50 solo on my Harley in a one day run where I have to get into and through the mountains at night. Coming into Capon Bridge outside of Winchester on my way back was like entering the promised land. lol

Rodzlla

Had a good time out in the woods. Nice day trip location. Tight trails. Good obstacles. Slippery hills. Only thing missing - rocks. Guess you cannot have it all.

Last edited: