• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - Last Chance Canyon - April 5th, 2014

cbetts

NERD!!!
Description: Last Chance Canyon (LCC) is a fun trail with intermediate boulder crawling. We recommend trucks to have at least 33" tires and steps removed. Lockers and rock rails are helpful but not required. Most of the run will take place in the bottom of a canyon with one steep hill climb. This is a good trail for beginners to learn technical driving.

When
: April 5th, 2014

Where: Garlock, CA

Time: 10am we will be hitting the trails. We will be meeting around 9:30 to air down and a quick safety meeting. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: Trailhead on the south end of the canyon just off of Randsburg Road, 6 miles from Hwy 14. :link:

Trails: Last Chance Canyon

We will be heading north up Last Chance Canyon. If time is good, we will swing by the Burro Schmidt Mine. We will then come back down Last Chance Canyon on the way back out. If time gets short, we can take the quick route out Mesquite Canyon.

Communications: CB channel 37

Weather: Temperatures have quite a range here. I recommend bringing a warm clothing in case it becomes a long night. Bring sunscreen and lots of water.

Caravans:

• Santa Clarita - We will meet at McDonald's just off the 14 at Golden Valley Road at 7:30 and maybe a quick bite to eat.

Confirmed Attendance:
cbetts - H3
3Hummers - H1
Mb30sdl - ?
Brandon Banks - Jeep
Poncho1965 - H3
owlxxx - H3
06 H3 - H3
H3-ING - H3
Kardiez - Jeep
Dave (Friend of Kardiez) - Jeep
[STRIKE]JRWid - Jeep[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Nacho - H3[/STRIKE]
Zach - H2

Possible Attendance:
alrock - H3
[STRIKE]Fish - H2[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]LagunaH1 - H1[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Dinov - H3[/STRIKE]
Torres Fernando - H3

Last edited:

Panzer07

I'm In ^_^
This was my first run ever with H4O almost or about a year ago since then.

Sent From Someone Else's iPhone 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.

Last edited:

cbetts

NERD!!!
If anyone has a track for reaching the Dutch Cleanser Mine from LCC, I would like to have a copy. We have ventured up several different roads and still haven't found it.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Craig, H3ing has the map to dutch cleanser mine.

You mean the V notch??? serge

The "slush box" is the sluice box lol thats in gorman.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Rob sent me the track. :link:

Looks like a long trip up there. We will see how the day plays out. I would like to take LCC back out this time since the trail becomes a different creature the other direction.

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Rob sent me the track. :link:

Looks like a long trip up there. We will see how the day plays out. I would like to take LCC back out this time since the trail become a different creature the other direction.

Rob and I went to Dutch cleanser when we ran nightmare gulch. It took us a while to find. backtracking then different places we thought were Dutch cleanser but eventually found it. I vaguely remember a few mile markers but that was over a year ago so who knows what changed

H3-ING

AdventureTime
Craig,
sent the waypoint of the mine and the cut across from LCC to end of nightmare gulch to you.
The cut across is right before the big hill climb if I remember right. You can make a loop either way to the mine from there.

I have the 5th down in my calendar. :thumbs:

cbetts

NERD!!!
Craig,
sent the waypoint of the mine and the cut across from LCC to end of nightmare gulch to you.
The cut across is right before the big hill climb if I remember right. You can make a loop either way to the mine from there.

I have the 5th down in my calendar. :thumbs:

Thanks a bunch! I think I know which cutoff you are talking about. I thought it only went to NG so I never ventured up that way. I would like walk into the DCM. Hopefully, we can make it this time.