• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

SolidusJ

Upgraded the wires going to the battery today. Zero gauge wire going from the batter to the alternator. Another to the alternator ground and chassis ground.
20191008_162757.jpg
20191008_162808.jpg
20191008_162824.jpg

While looking for the chassis ground I found this little guy. Nice to know I have a key on the truck at all times.

20191008_162830.jpg
20191008_132854.jpg

Last edited:

Lauren

Friday night, we went for a drive down to Hatta to just roam and explore ... you know, give us a change of scenery :)

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

After my recent crank of the torsion bars the tyre alignment has been off by quite a lot so we had them re-aligned whilst roaming around, carried on.. but was still off so went back to the guy to do it again.. while they were doing their thing, I was looking at the rims on the wall, I was planning on changing them anyway.. we worked out a deal for 4 new 17" rims and 4 brand new tyres .. And I couldn't say no so this happened haha! :)
The rims are Black Rhino alloys and tyres are 285/65/R17 so they stick out a little but I like the look :thumbs:
Phase 1 of the "Mission to De-Chrome" !!

4.jpg

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

I did keep the original rims for obvious reasons. I live in an apartment therefore no garage to store them in so I will have to make them like a feature in the living room haha! Think I will use them as a make- shift Christmas tree! :D

Last edited:

Traxx

Got my tow hook replacements in the mail so slapped them on. The oem chrome fuel door was all corroded and peeling so I pulled the fender liner out in the pouring rain and removed the fuel bucket, managed not to break any of the clips, and installed a locking door instead.

IMG_1806.JPG

For some reason I thought the chiclet emblems were placed on the fender, mine are down next to the H3 emblem which looks out of place. When it quits pouring I need to move them or just toss them.
IMG_1795-2.jpg

RamRod

Picked up a FrontRunner roof top tent for $300!!! (That's only $230 USD) Only used twice!! The thing looked brand new!

It needs a new cover which is easy enough to sort out.
1bf5e7f0877f2a95ada70250a570d057.jpg
d7bd19fa8fb28c77f4eb923d04eac384.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

MilamJR

Congratulations on the tent. You will never have to sleep on the rocks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha X

Picked up a FrontRunner roof top tent for $300!!! (That's only $230 USD) Only used twice!! The thing looked brand new!

It needs a new cover which is easy enough to sort out.

Nice score on the tent! I think the Slantback with the hatch removed is a good idea.

RamRod

Nice score on the tent! I think the Slantback with the hatch removed is a good idea.

Thanks!

It makes the truck more functional, I have had it setup this way since July and dont think I will go back to putting the lid back on.

I originally took it off to fit the quad in easier.. at the time I figured I would put it back on when the season was over....

Now I just need to make it looked more finished without the topper... like it is supposed to be that way

SolidusJ

Picked up a FrontRunner roof top tent for $300!!! (That's only $230 USD) Only used twice!! The thing looked brand new!It needs a new cover which is easy enough to sort out.
1bf5e7f0877f2a95ada70250a570d057.jpg
d7bd19fa8fb28c77f4eb923d04eac384.jpg

Wait, you can remove the hatch door on the sungtop???? Have any more pictures of that look???

RamRod

Wait, you can remove the hatch door on the sungtop???? Have any more pictures of that look???
Yeah there is just an hinge up front and then you disconnect the gas shocks and lift off (need two people).

What pics do you want to see I can post whatever you want to see

SolidusJ

Yeah there is just an hinge up front and then you disconnect the gas shocks and lift off (need two people).

What pics do you want to see I can post whatever you want to see

I've been kicking around the idea of making an exoskeleton slant back, without the center part. But damn its hard to come up with something that can replicate that look.

Always liked how the slant back went over the side plastic rails and what not. If you wouldn't mind, just snapping a few pictures of the back of the truck, that would help a lot.

Traxx

Never had any trouble with the adapter, as long as it was put in right side up :)

Just did that this week

Still not quite happy with the fit and finish of the metra adapter from Crutchfield. But it is nice having a wireless audio connection.

Lauren

Got some stuff in to ditch the factory head unit.

View attachment 25370

Hey Traxx,

This is an upgrade I really want to do but I'm unsure how to go about it, I found out that you need an adapter for the cables?
My boyfriend took his H3 to replace the radio and the dude said he didn't need one.. they install and then his electrics started going crazy.. pulled out the unit and they had completely f#cked the cabling.. like cut random wires for no reason.. stuck random wires together with electric tape.. I am no electrician but it was bad.

Also, after he installed his new radio, all the normal "factory" chimes disappeared.. Is there a way to keep those that you know of?

Sorry, I'm having such a hard time trying to wrap my head around the electrics/cabling parts of cars :emb:

loicnetter1

Hey Traxx,

This is an upgrade I really want to do but I'm unsure how to go about it, I found out that you need an adapter for the cables?
My boyfriend took his H3 to replace the radio and the dude said he didn't need one.. they install and then his electrics started going crazy.. pulled out the unit and they had completely f#cked the cabling.. like cut random wires for no reason.. stuck random wires together with electric tape.. I am no electrician but it was bad.

Also, after he installed his new radio, all the normal "factory" chimes disappeared.. Is there a way to keep those that you know of?

Sorry, I'm having such a hard time trying to wrap my head around the electrics/cabling parts of cars :emb:
Im not good with stereo stuff, but i saw that crutchfield sell some gizmo that keep the factory chime

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Bowser-II

Hey Traxx,

The smart way is to buy one of the GM adapters from Crutchfield or another reputable audio shop. In his case it may be necessary to first repair the damage done, such as getting the come wires back into the proper harness, and then use one of the adapters.

While technically it is possible to write a radio up without them, you need an audio shop that can read the wiring diagrams for the truck (see Schwattzy’s webpage).

For your truck start with a Crutchfield expert and ask them what they recommend based on how you want to keep features like XM or not, and chimes, etc. they usually do a good job getting you a few adapters and cable harnesses, and other miscellaneous items you might need as well as recommendations for a head unit.

Do you know if you have the monsoon stereo?

It has the subwoofer in the back of the truck.

Traxx

Just depends which adapter you need. If you have the Monsoon then the Gmos-04 unit, if not then Gmos-01, along with a gm antenna adapter. Both units allow you to retain the chimes, Onstar and rap. First though I would have a competent tech remove the aftermarket junk and fix your wiring. Having some idiot hack into your wiring because they are cheap is a great way to have neverending problems.

Sorry, but I didn't take any install pics. It's really not very difficult to wire up the adapter and install a new deck, took about an hour and I removed one of the 12v sockets and installed a usb port since most everything I listen to I keep on flash drives. I like this Kenwood model, I have the same in the Mustang, the interface is very fast. It's relatively cheap since it doesn't have nav, that's what phones are for.

IMG_1837.JPG

loicnetter1

Just depends which adapter you need. If you have the Monsoon then the Gmos-04 unit, if not then Gmos-01, along with a gm antenna adapter. Both units allow you to retain the chimes, Onstar and rap. First though I would have a competent tech remove the aftermarket junk and fix your wiring. Having some idiot hack into your wiring because they are cheap is a great way to have neverending problems.

Sorry, but I didn't take any install pics. It's really not very difficult to wire up the adapter and install a new deck, took about an hour and I removed one of the 12v sockets and installed a usb port since most everything I listen to I keep on flash drives. I like this Kenwood model, I have the same in the Mustang, the interface is very fast. It's relatively cheap since it doesn't have nav, that's what phones are for.

View attachment 25377
Did you wired a back up cam ? If so, which one ?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Lauren

The smart way is to buy one of the GM adapters from Crutchfield or another reputable audio shop. In his case it may be necessary to first repair the damage done, such as getting the come wires back into the proper harness, and then use one of the adapters.

While technically it is possible to write a radio up without them, you need an audio shop that can read the wiring diagrams for the truck (see Schwattzy’s webpage).

For your truck start with a Crutchfield expert and ask them what they recommend based on how you want to keep features like XM or not, and chimes, etc. they usually do a good job getting you a few adapters and cable harnesses, and other miscellaneous items you might need as well as recommendations for a head unit.

Do you know if you have the monsoon stereo?

It has the subwoofer in the back of the truck.

Thank you, Bowser!

I'll let him know, I did tell him not to do it but.. you know! Just glad he didn't do it on my truck! haha

Crutchfield.. yeah I think I've seen them mentioned.. I'll google them, hopefully they ship over here!

I do have the Monsoon Stereo!
I was originally looking at Pioneer Stereo's.. uhmm I forget the model number.. It's got Apple Play on it.. very similar to the one Traxx has installed.
To be honest, that's all I'm looking for, a unit that throws out good sound and has Apple Play. I don't need anything else!
(Never understood why people get units with DVD players in.. you should be focusing on the road.. unless you're just having a movie night in the car.. I don't know, strange)

Anything you can recommend?