• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 engine cut-out/stumble/stall problem

Ethan

Probationary Member
I just picked up an 06 3.5l 5spd with 125K and am having some issues with the engine cutting out/stalling when driving. Most of the time it happens when I'm taking off from stand still, but sometimes while accelerating too.

1) when standing still, I let out the clutch, the rig starts to move forward, but then it will just cut-out losing rpm's until it dies and leaves me stranded cross traffic.
2) sometimes while I'm accelerating, it will stumble and act like its going to die (like the stand still issue). I can usually rapid pump the throttle and clear it out, but it's a problem.

I know there is a head issue with this rig that wasn't fixed during the warranty period, but i don't think it's whats causing the cutting out/stalling... please correct me if this is wrong thinking!

Any suggestions you could give me to correct the cutting out/stumbling/stalling issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Glenn

I just picked up an 06 3.5l 5spd with 125K and am having some issues with the engine cutting out/stalling when driving. Most of the time it happens when I'm taking off from stand still, but sometimes while accelerating too.

1) when standing still, I let out the clutch, the rig starts to move forward, but then it will just cut-out losing rpm's until it dies and leaves me stranded cross traffic.
2) sometimes while I'm accelerating, it will stumble and act like its going to die (like the stand still issue). I can usually rapid pump the throttle and clear it out, but it's a problem.

I know there is a head issue with this rig that wasn't fixed during the warranty period, but i don't think it's whats causing the cutting out/stalling... please correct me if this is wrong thinking!

Any suggestions you could give me to correct the cutting out/stumbling/stalling issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
I would start out by cleaning the mass air flow sensor and the throttle body, get some cleaner from the auto parts store. It's pretty easy to do. Mine got to doing the same thing, mostly stumbling when I stopped at a red light and taking off, cleaning those two things straightened mine out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

spike10940

Is it throwing codes? Does the vehicle go in limp mode? That happened on my 5.3L H3T... I changed the TPS (actually the whole throttle body) and had no more issues.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk